Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lobster

Liked: 1

Re: Lobster

Casa Pascal and Livv both have live Canadian lobster on their menus.

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 26th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    sglad, you might be confusing Neal, the deceased former owner of this forum with the owner of another forum, Gaybutton Thai. Some say that the owner of that forum can be a control freak.
    Yes, that's the forum I was warned about, Jellybean. Having quickly browsed it through it I found it rather benign and boring - not as bad as it was described to me. Thanks for the clarification, JB.

As regards Neal, I didn't know him and really have nothing to say about him. Sorry to hear that there was so much drama surrounding him and people are still reeling from its impact. Perhaps it's time to bury the past with the dead.

Liked

To answer my own question. Many restaurants on Walking Street offer lobster including live in a tank. Prices ranged from 900 to 2000 baht.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    To answer my own question . . .
    Well arsenal, I suggest you give yourself a 'Like'.

6. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (January 26th, 2017)

Liked

Yes Jellybean. Thank you...a big 'like' to me. I'm undecided whether to proceed and actually eat one. It's a lot of money if the cook fucks it up.

Liked

Smile Re: Lobster

Yes Jellybean. Thank you...a big 'like' to me. I'm undecided whether to proceed and actually eat one. It's a lot of money if the cook fucks it up.

like many others, I'm very fond of lobster and have eaten it in many restaurants in many countries over the years. And many times I have to say it was inedible, often being smothered in sauce which hides the taste. Sharkys restaurant in Bali is famous for its seafood but their lobster ended up in the bin; for some reason it was drenched in oil. Yuk!

That's why I haven't bothered with the lobster in the Walking Street restaurants. It's hit and miss, and unfortunately, usually the latter.

If I did order it I would just have it grilled and served with salt, pepper, vinegar and chilli. Yum!! But I don't know if you can tell them how to cook it.

Prices seem way over the top, with the restaurants catering to the Chinese tour buses. I also do not want to pay top dollar for something I can't eat.

So arsenal, why don't you go try it and report back? Better you be the guinea pig than me!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    . . . So arsenal, why don't you go try it and report back? Better you be the guinea pig than me!
    Oh-oh! You’ve gone and done it now a447. Throwing down the gauntlet and asking arsenal to act as a guinea pig on behalf of the forum is a sure fire way to bring on one of his premonitions. How could you have forgotten the mysterious case of the Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry episode, where, after he had a premonition, he point blank refused to act as our intrepid reporter on the scene for fear, so he said, of the wretched Chinese tour groups?

I can just see it now; tonight, arsenal will have another premonition in which, he foresees that after he eats an overpriced and strange tasting lobster, he suffers from abdominal cramps, diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting. And shortly after these symptoms develop, he will start to have strange sensations, which may include: A feeling that his teeth are loose and about to fall out, confusing hot and cold temperatures, headache and a low heart rate and low blood pressure.

And all of the above symptoms will get worse if he drinks alcohol with his meal. And we all know he likes a good drink.

So dear members, be prepared for the usual excuse . . .

“Oh, I was unable to order any fresh lobster due to those damned Chinese tour groups. Don't they just get everywhere. They simply swamped the Walking Street seafood restaurants and ate every lobster and crab that was available.”

And no doubt he’ll add for good measure, “Even when I offered to pay double the price, there was still no lobster to be had.”

Now a447, if you had only bided your time and waited a few more days, our gourmet-at-large, arsenal, would have acted as your guinea pig and reported back on his severe case of shellfish poisoning and warned us all which seafood restaurant it is best to avoid.

And lastly, I was going to suggest asking ChristianPFC to act as our guinea pig, but as everyone here knows, there is not a cat in hell’s chance of him forking out a couple of thousand baht on lobster when he can buy a three course meal off a street food cart for 40 baht.

10. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 27th, 2017)

Liked

Lobsters are just giant insects that live under water.

12. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (January 27th, 2017)

Liked

Yes, Jellybean is right. a447 has a propensity for guinea pigging highly revered members such as myself while skulking in the bushes himself. In his world I would chew my way through a hunk of leathery lobster then board a ferry almost guaranteed to sink. And, when it did I would be full of crustacea and therefore unable to swim.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (January 27th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

would be full of crustacea and therefore unable to swim.
    Ready to be gobbled up by the lobsters and more of francois' giant underwater insect species