Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
like many others, I'm very fond of lobster and have eaten it in many restaurants in many countries over the years. And many times I have to say it was inedible, often being smothered in sauce which hides the taste. Sharkys restaurant in Bali is famous for its seafood but their lobster ended up in the bin; for some reason it was drenched in oil. Yuk!

That's why I haven't bothered with the lobster in the Walking Street restaurants. It's hit and miss, and unfortunately, usually the latter.

If I did order it I would just have it grilled and served with salt, pepper, vinegar and chilli. Yum!! But I don't know if you can tell them how to cook it.

Prices seem way over the top, with the restaurants catering to the Chinese tour buses. I also do not want to pay top dollar for something I can't eat . . .
I found the post, reproduced above, by a447 a real eye-opener. I didn’t realise that finding a decent seafood restaurant that serves up an enjoyable and tasty lobster is just as hit and miss as finding a pleasurable happy-ending massage. Looks like the best way forward is to go on the personal recommendation of a friend, or a member of Sawatdee.

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
. . . So arsenal, forget the lobster. Go check out the crab instead. And don't forget to report back!
Oh! Naughty a447 . . . 555!