Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lobster

Liked

Lobster

Anyone know a restaurant in Pattaya that serves lobster? Real lobster not the little rock ones.

Liked

Re: Lobster

I once had lobster at Bruno's. It was 1500 baht from memory, and was one of the smallest lobster tails I'd ever seen.

It had been imported frozen, thawed and then cooked. I found it mushy and tasteless.

Neal (yeah, that one) loved it.

You can also find lobster at the seafood restaurants on Walking Street.

Liked

Goes without saying that anything tasteless would have been right up the Fat Cunt's street

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Goes without saying that anything tasteless would have been right up the Fat Cunt's street

Why do you all hate him so much? Two or three guys have warned me about this guy via PM - they say he's a control freak or something and that his site wouldn't be of any interest to me as it's all about Pattaya. I only checked it out briefly once and thought it was very neat and well-organised.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Real lobster not the little rock ones.
    Sure you don't want the ones 'made' in China? You know the delicious-looking ones with just a hint of melamine?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post

Neal's legacy is hate. He personified hate.
    Amazingly, he was not without friends.
    Probably, the most hateful farang (full of hate)farang, I've been aware of in Pattaya.
    He loved imported lobster at Bruno's until the end.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Why do you all hate him so much?
    I assume you are referring to Neal. I did not know him, never met him and only encountered him on this Board when he entered into a vicious and unwarranted attack on me, unwarranted because the basis of the attack was quite simply a personal story I had related on another Board. He then lifted it almost word for word and presented it as a story he had made up. When I pointed out he had plagiarised another Board, he went ballistic and never let up.

That mild compared to what followed, though. There was a mercifully short series of Pattaya Bitch Boards (I think he even owned one) on one or two of which Neal totally let rip against everything and everyone in the most outrageous and degrading fashion. As catawampuscat points out, they were totally hate-filled. He was not alone, but he was one of the worst posters - spewing vitriol against people whom he had once called his friends. I know from others that he was not a well man and perhaps his illnesses may have begun to affect his brain. Whatever, there was a mighty sigh of relief when this Board was taken over by Surfcrest and Neal, who ran a gogo bar in Pattaya, died en route to the USA.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (January 26th, 2017), Surfcrest (January 26th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    Why do you all hate him so much? Two or three guys have warned me about this guy via PM - they say he's a control freak or something . . .
    sglad, you might be confusing Neal, the deceased former owner of this forum with the owner of another forum, Gaybutton Thai. Some say that the owner of that forum can be a control freak. He certainly does not tolerate personal attacks on his board. I don’t post on that forum, but I find it a useful place to read posts about Thailand. I think it may be true to say it is more Pattaya related, but it does have members from Bangkok and they post information relating to Bangkok, which I sometimes do not find on this forum.

With regard to Neal, the former owner of this forum, I certainly did not hate him but, importantly, my only personal contact with him was to say, 'hello' to him as I entered his bar. Some have said to me they wished that was also the extent of their contact with him. I did have occasion to PM him several times, but he was always perfectly amicable in his replies.* But some of those who met him in person have a completely different view of him and they can speak for themselves.

On the question of lobsters, I must say I have never eaten lobster. I’m ashamed to admit that the prospect of breaking its skeletal framework puts me off. Perhaps one day I shall confront my phobia and give it a try.

*Ah, I see that fountainhall has covered some of the points I have raised while drafting this post.

10. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (January 26th, 2017)

Liked

Word has it, he bought a blonde wig and is now the President of the United States....lol.(tweet tweet)

Surfcrest

12. 4 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (January 26th, 2017), Doofus (January 26th, 2017), francois (January 26th, 2017), sglad (January 26th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    On the question of lobsters, I must say I have never eaten lobster
    Best lobster I've tasted in Thailand was at a Phuket restaurant on a small rocky promontory just as the coast road turns left after Patong Beach to tiny Kalim Bay. I have not been in Phuket for some years but have always found Baan Rim Pa a quite lovely restaurant. There are graphic videos of the 2004 tsunami crashing across the road into the Kalim Bay serviced apartment complex. Baan Rim Pa is slightly to the left and escaped with damage only to a deck and one balcony because of its height above the road.