Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: I wonder what it means!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I wonder what it means!

I'm used to Japanese garments with odd English phrases on the back. One T-shirt I bought in Tokyo has

MY WIFE'S GONE OFF WITH MY BOYFRIEND AND I MISS HIM

Another was a sweatshirt I picked up at a performance of Phantom of the Opera -

SHE CHASED HIM AROUND THE OPERA HOUSE AND THEN CAUGHT HIM BY THE ORGAN

On a particularly cold evening arrival at Hong Kong 3 weeks ago, I saw this young man as I was waiting for the Airport Express train into town -

Hong Kong_Airport_Jacket.jpg

What, I still wonder, does all that mean? It's tempting to think he's a classy and fabulous top. A447 maybe perfect for you! But then what does TSNFY stand for? TERRIFICALLY NAUGHTY SEX FOR YOU sounds a tad too genteel. TELL NOBODY - SPECIAL FUCK YOU! might be more like it, the more so when linked to the Est. 83. An estimated eighty three centimetres would be too much to ask. Perhaps lasting 83 minutes? No idea!

The odd thing was that his companion, a lady, had exactly the same wording on her jacket. I have googled TSNFY with no result.

Liked

Re: I wonder what it means!

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    But then what does TSNFY stand for?... I have googled TSNFY with no result.
    I am not surprised you're turning up no result - the garment clearly shows the message as TNSFY. Maybe a touch of dyslexia here - or perhaps you had a momentary funny turn at the thought of an 83 cm top?

Mind you, although googling the correct TNSFY sequence does produce quite a few results, most of them - even when in English - appear to be entirely incomprehensible gobbledegook.
    Last edited by Marsilius; March 14th, 2017 at 18:53.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (March 16th, 2017), francois (March 16th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think you need new glasses Marsilius as I see those letters as all the same - OMG is this going to turn into one of those what colour is the dress threads now !?? :-)

5. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (March 16th, 2017)

Liked

Are you really saying that you see the letters on the coat as T-S-N-F-Y (as fountainhall also repeatedly wrote)? I've just shown the picture to a room full of people and everyone agrees that it reads T-N-S-F-Y. Odd!
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I think Nirish meant he saw T-T-T-T-T!

Quote Originally Posted by Marsilius View Post
    Are you really saying that you see the letters on the coat as T-S-N-F-Y (as fountainhall also repeatedly wrote)?
    Yes indeed, you are observant. Although to be fair the two suggestions I made did have the first letters in the correct order. So you are half right LOL

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ha my sincere apologies Marsililus I think your "Maybe a touch of dyslexia here" might be closer to the truth than I care to admit ! :-) I mistaken read your post as referring to the SIZE of the S & N letters - and I cant think why as on re reading it it's crystal clear what you meant too ! sorry, my bad as the youngsters say these days "apparently".

9. User who gave Like to post:

Marsilius (March 16th, 2017)