Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you react?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: How would you react?

Or wear a T-shirt with 4444 in large letters on the front and back!!

Liked

Fountainhall: Don't need to worry about the husband. From what I've seen few Chinese couples appear to like each other very much. In fact the Chinese family unit sounds like a form of hell from what I've heard.

Liked

A number of years ago I was on a crowded bus in Florence, standing at the back,. A very beautifully dressed middle-aged woman got on behind me and started poking me in the back, suggesting I move further down the bus. But there was no room to move. And she poked me again and I turned around and glared at her. After the third time I just turned around and shoved her as hard as I could, pushing her forcefully into the back widow of the bus.

She didn't poke me again.

And that's how I would react if a Chinese tourist, or anyone of any nationality, behaved in the same way.

Liked

1st time I was dumbfounded.
    2nd time I grabbed the hand and squeezed it quite hard.
    3rd time I politely ushered her through and then returned the gesture. Which strangely she didn't like.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Or wear a T-shirt with 4444 in large letters on the front and back!!

Lol

Liked

I wear a backpack, she can prod all she likes but will get an angry "fuck off" glare. I was at Beijing airport recently and a very well dressed woman dropped a huge spit right in front of me on the tarmac while boarding the plane. I quickly jumped over the huge blob of spittle and nearly bowled over three Chinese

Forum's veteran
    Liked

China has had various anti-spitting campaigns. Not easy I suppose for the older generation who are used to having spittoons around or their use. If that lady had done that in front of me, I would have been tempted to whip out a couple of tissues, wipe up the blob and hand it to her, remarking "You forgot this!"

Liked

Crikey arsenal! You’ve not been painting a very complementary picture of the Chinese in some of your recent topics. I don’t have much personal experience of Chinese tourists in Thailand, or elsewhere, so don’t have anything positive or negative to say.

But, like, aussie, I wear a backpack, but only during the day, so doubt being poked on the backpack would have much effect. I might even think she had accidentally bumped into me and carry on my merry way. But during the evening, I don’t use a backpack and I certainly wouldn’t like being jabbed in the back. The most I would probably do is glare at her or possibly say, in English, ‘Yes, can I help you?’ which she might not even understand. Or, more likely, just get out of her way, as I used to do when I saw crazy drivers in my rear view mirror, when I used to drive a car in Thailand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Given his views on the average Chinese, I can't imagine arsenal has much enjoyment working in China. I have certainly seen lots of the types he describes but in my more limited experience on business and as a tourist I must have been fortunate in encountering a much nicer class of person. Rather like the young mid-20s partner of a new small model agency I had to fortune to meet on one of the apps a couple of weeks ago. I took him for a good dinner and then . . . A nicer, tall, slim and extremely fit Chinese guy would be more difficult to meet almost anywhere. That it was whilst he was holidaying in Bangkok was wonderful! But then he is gay - and I seem to recall arsenal's desires lean more towards straighter guys.

Liked

I slag off the Chinese because that's where I currently find myself because that's where the money is. However when in The UK I slagged of the British just as much. And...from reading this and other forums it seems that the expats in Thailand complain way more than anyone else about their lives.