List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's play a game. What groceries will Matt get?

Liked

Re: Let's play a game. What groceries will Matt get?

I just hope cdnmatt's groceries arrived by now, if not he would be very hungry!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It just seems that several recent posts are the equivalent of grasping at straws in order to keep the readers entertained. If they are, fine.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Loads of fruit (oranges, peaches, pineapple, watemelon, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, etc.)
    Lots of veggies for sandwiches (lettuce, cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.)
    You must live in Bangkok or have access to a specialty supermarket. The nearest supermarket to me does not stock peaches and raspberries or at least I didn't see them. I think they have dried peaches though. The strawberries grown locally are rather tasteless. I've seen imported strawberries from Washington; they are yummy but make me cough if I eat too much. I googled alfalfa sprouts...oh you mean bean sprouts or 'tua ngok'. I've not heard them being called alfalfa locally. Best to get them from your local market or provision shop if you want them fresh. Peppers - do you mean green and red peppers and are they called peppers or capsicum here? I'll check with my Thai friends later tonight. Did you try going through/explaining the list in Thai to your friend? Might help them to remember better. Even I had to google some of the items for eg alfalfa, saltine crackers, minestrone...things I've heard of before but not quite sure what they are.
    Last edited by sglad; January 21st, 2017 at 19:18.

4. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (January 21st, 2017)

Liked

bobsaigon wrote:
    "It just seems that several recent posts are the equivalent of grasping at straws in order to keep the readers entertained. If they are, fine."

Your not a reader Bob. You're a member but with less than one post a week only just. Your name suggests Vietnam so why not start a discussion on that country?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    I googled alfalfa sprouts...oh you mean bean sprouts or 'tua ngok'. I've not heard them being called alfalfa locally. Best to get them from your local market or provision shop if you want them fresh. Peppers - do you mean green and red peppers and are they called peppers or capsicum here? I'll check with my Thai friends later tonight. Did you try going through/explaining the list in Thai to your friend? Might help them to remember better. Even I had to google some of the items for eg alfalfa, saltine crackers, minestrone...things I've heard of before but not quite sure what they are.
    sglad, All of the above are North American terms.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Your name suggests Vietnam so why not start a discussion on that country?
    I've only been to Hanoi - and really enjoyed it. Still working on Ho Chi Minh and it would be great to learn more about where to go and what to do. One poster did attempt to start a discussion in the Sawatdee Gay World section 4 months ago, but no-one replied to his request.

Liked

Yes. I too really liked Hanoi. Loved the French quarter and Hoen Kiem. As I have written before...fishing for squid over the side of a luxury boat at midnight in Ha Long bay is a death bed memory. Simply perfect. We caught five since you asked.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Your name suggests Vietnam so why not start a discussion on that country?
    Bob has made a number of posts on Cambodia but I don't recall any on Vietnam. Perhaps that's because, like me, he finds the gay scene hard going and so has little to post.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sorry, gentlemen, I can no longer provide information about where to go and what to do in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City. I've had a Vietnamese partner for the past 17 years and most of that time we have been living in the suburbs. Can't remember the last time we ventured into the city to spend time at a gay venue. And, at 76 years of age and suffering from a robust stage of emphysema, I've little interest in doing the research needed to start a "Gay Saigon" thread. Just use the apps, Gay Romeo, et al. And you might even find a willing new friend working at one of the malls. Seems like 80% of the male mall workers are gay. Good luck.

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 22nd, 2017), Brad the Impala (January 22nd, 2017), francois (January 21st, 2017)

Liked

A447 wrote:
    "Bob has made a number of posts on Cambodia but I don't recall any on Vietnam. Perhaps that's because, like me, he finds the gay scene hard going and so has little to post."

That's fine, I have no problem with that but perhaps don't criticise the posts that are there if you're not offering anything yourself. And I hadn't noticed you finding the gay scene hard going, simply hard and often and pumping. Haha,