Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Money exchangee wondered

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Money exchangee wondered

Yes I am a brit , and only visit twice a year for approx. 2 or 3 weeks. When I first starting coming it was trav cheques , then went onto using atm but the bank charge of 150 and the uk end charge of 2.75% for overseas use , stopped that , so now I only bring cash , and use the yellow fronted exchange shops in pattaya

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Oliver (January 18th, 2017), Up2U (January 18th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    Yes I am a brit , and only visit twice a year for approx. 2 or 3 weeks. When I first starting coming it was trav cheques , then went onto using atm but the bank charge of 150 and the uk end charge of 2.75% for overseas use , stopped that , so now I only bring cash , and use the yellow fronted exchange shops in pattaya
    To answer your original question, I know of two guys who come once a year and both bring cash to exchange. One guy just makes one exchange at beginning of his trip while the other makes exchanges as Thai Baht is needed. A lot may depend on how the exchange rate is trending, up or down.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    To answer your original question, I know of two guys who come once a year and both bring cash to exchange. One guy just makes one exchange at beginning of his trip while the other makes exchanges as Thai Baht is needed. A lot may depend on how the exchange rate is trending, up or down.

You can add me to that list too.
    If I am on my usual December to March stay I change it as soon as I arrive.
    I've noticed over the last 10 years that the amount of baht I get reduces from December onwards. It has happened every year since I've been coming.
    I used to think that the Thais were doing it deliberately in high season! However I may not be far off the truth as the Baht must strength during high season.
    Just look at the Baht/Pound this year since December and it's not just Brexit!