List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strangest thing you've ever eaten.

Liked

Strangest thing you've ever eaten.

Fountainhall and I are having a ding dong on another thread about endangered animals but it got me thinking about the strangest thing you've ever eaten.

For me I think that it has to be jellyfish. If you've never eaten it it's horrible. A crunchy texture (think cucumber) with an offish fishy taste. Repulsive.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Strangest thing you've ever eaten.

A "ding dong?" A respectable conversation between two cultured gents with a difference of opinion

Again we differ. I love jellyfish (which in Chinese cuisine is cut in long thin strips) as long as it is served with sliced pork or something like that along with soy and vinegar or a sesame sauce. It's really quite tasteless and just adds texture to the pork.

Have you had snake? Snake soup with chrysanthemum petals sprinkled on top is actually very tasty - rather like a spicy chicken soup. What you don't want to witness is how they prepare the snakes! Enough said. Or duck tongue with mustard is delicious.

I was once having dinner in a tiny and expensive sushi bar near the Ginza in Tokyo. My colleagues included my boss from London. Our hosts were senior execs from a major Japanese company and the dinner was to celebrate a large deal which had just been signed. After some exquisite sashimi, the chef pulled a live flat fish out of a tank, flashed his sharp knife as though practising karate moves and then placed the tiny still beating heart on to a large plate in front of my boss. He recoiled, turned to me and asked if he had to eat it. Realising that if he refused custom dictated I would have to, I nodded enthusiastically. Good on him, he did. I would probably have been sick!

3. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 16th, 2017), christianpfc (January 17th, 2017), Dax (January 17th, 2017), Moses (January 16th, 2017)

Liked

Fountainhall wrote:
    "After some exquisite sashimi, the chef pulled a live flat fish out of a tank, flashed his sharp knife as though practising karate moves and then placed the tiny still beating heart on to a large plate in front of my boss. He recoiled, turned to me and asked if he had to eat it. Realising that if he refused custom dictated I would have to, I nodded enthusiastically." Hahaha. Love it. Poor bloke.

My absolutely very first meal in China was duck brain. The picture looked like something else. The waitress brought out two face up duck skull halves. I ate them, no real taste to speak of and a smooth slightly creamy texture. I've had fish (bass) down in Bang Saray that was so fresh it was still twitching as I ate it. Delicious.

Liked

Shirako (白子 for mfas!)

Liked

"My absolutely very first meal in China was duck brain."

My first business trip to China was back in the days when most people wore Mao suits and there were few cars but massed hordes of push bikes. On my first evening in Beijing it was suggested that we went to a famous duck restaurant - I thought 'I can handle that' - Wrong..!

Duck brain, duck entrail soup, duck feet even.. - and no sign of the only bit of the bloody duck I thought was edible..

7. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (January 17th, 2017)

Liked

the strangest thing for me was, last year in jomtein. in yupins resturant, still dont know what it was, wasnt what i orderd

Forum's veteran
    Liked

My b/f ordered a hard boiled egg from a cart is Sunne Plaza. When he cracked it open it had a baby chicken inside. He ate it whole. WTF???

10. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 17th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Mexico City, crepe filled with blue corn fungus........guite tasty.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It's strange - but also delicious. Drunken prawns. It's best not to watch it being prepared even though this is usually done at the table. Into a glass bowl of live prawns is poured enough rice wine to cover all the prawns. Hopefully they are all happily drunk before the waiter sets the whole thing alight and puts on a lid which soon extinguishes the blaze. Then start eating!

Liked

There's a video for drunken prawns posted below. Before the animal rights bods get all tearful do remember that most shellfish is cooked (or frozen) alive. Otherwise it will kill you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmkC...M&spfreload=10