Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: omega watches

Liked

Re: omega watches

Scottish wrote:
    "Alternatively I have a lovely and extremely rare 1970's Omega Seamaster you can make me an offer on."

I was under the impression that a 1970s seamaster was the last person to willingly have sex with you. Haha.

Liked

That would be worth at least $5000 if it's in good condition. More if you still have the original box and paperwork.

That could finance a few trips to Thailand, I would think.

Cue: Minimee

Liked

Oh it's in excellent condition because when I acquired/inherited it, I spent $1000 having it completely re-furbished by Omega.

Although I don't have the original box or paperwork (as I say I inherited it), I do have the paperwork from the refurb which details the model and movement number. This particular model is extremely rare and this particular version of it does not even appear on the Omega vintage website. The stainless steel version appears but mine is Gold (plated not solid!) with a burgundy face

However its a very "fine" looking automatic watch whereas the demand now is for these bulky oversized chronometer type watches with about 5 knobs on them.

Liked

Scottish wrote:
    "However its a very "fine" looking automatic watch whereas the demand now is for these bulky oversized chronometer type watches with about 5 knobs on them."

This has definitely been the decade where taste and elegance has given way to macho, big and shiny. Sadly.

Liked

Smaller men's watches are coming back. Now the brands often have a 36mm version as well as the more common 42mm. The new Seamaster comes in both sizes.

SG, why don't you keep it and wear it every day? It sounds like a very nice dress watch.

Liked

Yes, wear it for dress-up function. I have an older watch( a wind up one) which I inherited,and wear it as a dress watch. Not an Omega but, at least the watch band is Omega.

Liked

Currently I don't wear it everyday, but only for business functions etc - partially because I'm afraid to lose or damage it

Then I regret I'm not getting the use out of which the donor intended, plus I believe you really have to wear automatic watches regularly to preserve them. I did originally buy an electronic "winder" unit for it - but that gave up the ghost a long time ago

Banned
    Liked

Just where it whenever you have a wank. That should keep it ticking in perpetuity.

9. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (January 11th, 2017), christianpfc (January 11th, 2017), francois (January 10th, 2017), splinter1949 (January 11th, 2017), steveky (January 11th, 2017)

Liked

Which perfectly explains why your watch is 3 months fast !

11. User who gave Like to post:

a447 (January 11th, 2017)

Liked

It's a dress watch so you probably couldn't wear it with, say, jeans.

I wonder how it would go with a kilt?