List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Link: gay host bars - karaoke bar - Did I miss something?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Link: gay host bars - karaoke bar - Did I miss something?

Sometimes I read on gay websites (in Asia? Thailand? don't remember) that Karaoke bars are nice (gay?) venues to visit.
    Is there a special link from the gay point of view?
    For my sake I only know that karaoke bars are for singing?
    What did I miss?
    Or my mistake?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Link: gay host bars - karaoke bar - Did I miss something?

IMHO don't expect a gay Karaoke bar to be anything like a gogo bar.
    I've been to many in Pattaya where the boys are lined up on the stage. You can pay 200 baht for them to come and sit with you.
    However you will find that they usually don't speak a word of English, mostly are not gay and probably won't go "off" in the usual sense.
    If you are looking for sex then stick with the gogo bars!

3. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 9th, 2017)

Liked

Maybe things have changed. In the 1990s - the last time I visited a Thai karaoke bar - the boys were all too happy to be offed in the usual way.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Liked

Must say I've never scored in a Karaoke Bar in Thailand.

Maybe I should quit singing - as that, added to my appearance, might just be an embarassment too far for them

Liked

The short lived Karaoke bar in Sunee was a very happy hunting ground for me. I had some fantastic nights there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The short lived Karaoke bar in Sunee was a very happy hunting ground for me. I had some fantastic nights there.
    I think I missed that - was that in the premises on a corner towards the far end (coming from VC Hotel) which was formerly/briefly a "show" bar (the name of which escapes me at the moment but i have an idea it started with W)

If so my memory/recurring nightmare of those premises at that time, is of the hideous pot-bellied fat-arsed middle-aged French owner in a tight red dress doing a quite appalling drag act and murdering "My Way" in the process.

AND he had the fucking cheek to think it was actually good enough to feature it on a DVD (which I brought back home for comic relief)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Sometimes I read on gay websites (in Asia? Thailand? don't remember) that Karaoke bars are nice (gay?) venues to visit.
    Is there a special link from the gay point of view?
    For my sake I only know that karaoke bars are for singing?
    What did I miss?
    Or my mistake?
    Karaoke bars quickly morphed into places to pick up, or even have sex on the premises.

My Pattaya boy told me that in the early days when the money was pouring in he would go to Karaoke bars where the girls were all lined up. He could choose one, go to a room upstairs and have sex for 300 baht.

I don't know but I imagine the same would occur in Karaoke bars frequented by gays.

In Japan, the home of Karaoke, you used to go into a room, close the door and sing your little heart out. It was not long before high school students realised more than just singing could take place behind the door, which is why they added windows so the staff could see what was going on as they walked by.

Liked

Scottish. No. It was the one down the same soi as Krazy Dragon owned by a German man. As I said...pretty short lived. The bar and the German. Sadly.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottishguy
    Must say I've never scored in a Karaoke Bar in Thailand.
    To improve your odds, trying visiting Thailand more frequently.

Liked

I just remembered the place I was thinking of - it was Topman (no "W" in it whatsoever lol)