Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dodgers Trip Report

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Dodgers Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Chiang Mai and Phuket fun? If I were a 24 yo student, again, I wouldn't miss the chance to visit Pattaya for some real fun. Bangkok too expensive.
    Hmmm yeah but wouldn't you get bored? I read that Pattaya was only a tiny backwater back then and didn't become an entertainment city until 30-40 years ago. Bangkok is really not that expensive if you stay out of Silom/Sukhumvit/Thonglor/Khaosan. I barely spent 500Bt a day when I was there last year and I went out often. Granted breakfast and another meal, usually dinner, were had with my homestay family but I did hang out at cafes a lot. I spent a bit more on weekends if I went clubbing but even then it rarely exceeded 1000Bt. But we did go out as a group and everybody chipped in.

Liked

Francois: In case you didn't notice Sglad said you're very very old. ROFL.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Francois: In case you didn't notice Sglad said you're very very old. ROFL.
    For a 24 yo student who doesn't know where to go and what to do sglad sounds very knowledgeable of the scene in Thailand. He should be giving lessons, not asking for advice.
    Almost sounds like cdnmatt, another know it all.

4. User who gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (January 10th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

For a 24 yo student who doesn't know where to go and what to do sglad sounds very knowledgeable of the scene in Thailand. He should be giving lessons, not asking for advice.
    Good morning. I'm sorry if there's been a misunderstanding. I myself am a bit confused by your comments above. Where did I give the impression that I didn't know where to go or what to do? And where have I asked for advice? If you could point point out an example or two from my previous posts to support your assertions I'd really appreciate it.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm very grateful to those who have voluntarily and generously offered ideas and suggestions and I hope they would keep them coming. If they don't help me personally, they might be of help to someone else reading.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Chiang Mai and Phuket fun? If I were a 24 yo student, again, I wouldn't miss the chance to visit Pattaya for some real fun. Bangkok too expensive.
    Real fun for a 24 yo student? Remember your age and experience of gay life before you came to Thailand, dear francois. Personally I can't imagine many Asian students finding much fun at all in a place like Pattaya. Naked flesh and sex can now be found in lots of gay saunas in Singapore, Taipei and elsewhere around Asia (and in Taipei a lot more naked flesh if you want to find it than you'll see in Pattaya!). Sex shows with tied off dicks may be all but exclusive to Thailand but they get boring quickly and are surely far more common in Bangkok than in Pattaya. Despite the gay scene in Chiang Mai having all but collapsed in recent years, I'd still rather spend time there than in Pattaya!

7. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (January 10th, 2017)

Liked

I have to disagree with Fountainhall. There's as much flesh in Pattaya as any 'normal' person could want. Plus you've also got sooo much other stuff as well. And it's all just a motorbike ride away with easy parking when you get there. Shopping, world class water parks, amazing zoos, big shows, fantastic restaurants, water sports, a superb cinema, late night partying, reasonably priced excellent hotels, perhaps the best coffee shop in Asia, interesting wildlife everywhere, Bang Saray, restaurants that have beds on the beach for you to relax on as you sip a pina colada, restaurants that offer swimming pools at no extra charge and people who if you go there once a year greet you as their favourite customer. What more do you want?

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 10th, 2017), sglad (January 10th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

What more do you want?
    As a 24 year old Asian from Singapore, quite frankly little from that list would have much interest for me - if only because most of it can also be found in Singapore, apart from the reasonably priced excellent hotels. But then as a 24 year old I could never afford anything like excellent hotels! In addition Singapore has the Universal Studios Theme Park, Indoor Skydiving, several pretty good Galleries and Museums, great cafes and restaurants and a wide variety of cuisines, the Botanic Gardens, the amazing Jurong Bird Park and cruising galore for cute young westerners as well as Singaporeans and other Asians. With all that on your doorstep, do you seriously think Pattaya is that attractive to an Asian student? I certainly don't! And these are some of the few reasons I'm off to Singapore in March but will not be near Pattaya!! Sorry!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

perhaps the best coffee shop in Asia,
    What is it called and is it a chain with branches elsewhere in Thailand? I like Wawee Coffee but there are plenty of no-name coffee places around where I live with coffee just as good and cheaper too. But I find Wawee more comfortable for personal and study time.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Chiang Mai now has some really great coffee shops with lots opening up in the Nimmanhaemin Road area. Great for a coffee and snack before hitting House of Male.

I seem to recall that Wawee is in the middle of the old city. But the only thing I studied were the cute guys studying there! It also has a great policy of donating 1 Baht of each coffee served to improve the lives of kids in the north.

Liked

Fountainhall. We're really not comparing Pattaya with Singapore here. One is a former fishing village and now a tourist destination and one is a city state and the crown jewel of Asia.. We're comparing Pattaya with other main tourist destinations. And by the way, gay sex in Singapore is still technically illegal and technically can get you a dose of the ratan so.......

Sglad wrote:
    "What is it called and is it a chain with branches elsewhere in Thailand? I like Wawee Coffee but there are plenty of no-name coffee places around where I live with coffee just as good and cheaper too. But I find Wawee more comfortable for personal and study time."

It's not a chain, well not really although there are a few about. It's the coffee shop at the top of the mountain on Pratamnak Hill. A coffee there as the sun sets and you prepare for a night out in the fleshpots is simply pure pleasure. I've sat there and watched three species of squirrel dart about through the trees. The coffee is excellent and costs about 40 baht.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtRh...4&spfreload=10