Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Working visas in Thailand for the "elderly" -- Any information or advice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Working visas in Thailand for the "elderly" -- Any information or advice?

I agree it's best to take advice given by a Thai Embassy/Consulate with a large pinch of salt. I doubt if many officers will have been asked about work visas for over 70s and I certainly got conflicting advice at a far younger age about Retirement visas from the Hong Kong Consulate. By far the best route is to find a good Immigration law firm in Thailand and if necessary have them contact the University on your behalf. As I said earlier, I reckon a visa for freelance work at various universities will be extremely difficult. But don't take my word for it!

I do a small amount of work in Thailand without a work visa but I have a company based in Hong Kong. So all contracts are made with the Hong Kong company and all invoiced remittances are made to the business account in Hong Kong - not to me personally.

2. User who gave Like to post:

werner (January 13th, 2017)