Re: To cut or not to cut that is the question....Not really

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    stop and ask the bleeding obvious question
    Why did god create a447?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    The next time you find yourelf with nothing to do in Thailand here is an option:
    http://m.bangkokpattayahospital.com/...rogram-en.html
    That's for babies?

Personally, I have no preference but if the foreskin is too droopy/hoody like a foldable umbrella with broken spokes, then I guess it would look better circumcised - to me anyway. And for sure if it helps with hygiene.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    if the foreskin is too droopy/hoody like a foldable umbrella with broken spokes, then I guess it would look better circumcised - to me anyway. And for sure if it helps with hygiene.
    I believe that is referred to as the "anteater effect".

Liked

What a joke! A Thai hospital offering circumcisions to infants. Anything to make money much the same as the Mayo Clinic's advice. All about money.

Why is this done to infants? At least wait until they are 10 yo or so and let them decide for themselves.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    What a joke! A Thai hospital offering circumcisions to infants. Anything to make money much the same as the Mayo Clinic's advice. All about money.

Why is this done to infants? At least wait until they are 10 yo or so and let them decide for themselves.
    I don't see it as a joke at all. If people want to do it or feel they have to do it for cultural/religious reasons or whatever, then it's best they get it done in a hospital instead of some backstreet clinic or witch doctor's house. At least it would be done under anaesthetic in a medically-controlled place equipped to handle emergencies and by someone with the proper training.

Can a ten-year-old legally consent to anything? Moreover, if somebody had asked me when I was ten whether I wanted a certain part of my body removed with a knife or scissors I would have run for dear life. I remember when my sister came home crying from having had her ears pierced; I was six or seven at the time and I instinctively grabbed my crotch when I heard wailing and went "Ouch!" It's different of course if you grew up in a culture (like the Filipinos) where the reality of getting "snipped" is instilled in you and your guy friends from the time you were born.
    Last edited by sglad; January 7th, 2017 at 17:23.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 8th, 2017), fountainhall (January 8th, 2017), Sugargrandpa (January 28th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

8. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (January 8th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by sglad View Post
    I

Can a ten-year-old legally consent to anything?
    Did your sister consent to the ear piercing or was it your parents decision?

But good question although 10 year olds can be charged with crimes. So maybe wait until a boy is 15+ and then he can decide if he was to be cut.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I agree that 10 is too early for such a major decision. No doubt 10-year old boys play around with others and will have noted that some are cut and others not. But as with many facts of life, it will take them a few more years to really understand why that is. And that being the case, even at 15 I think sglad has it right. The thought of the knife and, as in The Philippines, going around for a couple of weeks in a skirt and not pants would have me scared shitless!

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 8th, 2017), francois (January 8th, 2017)

Liked

If you post on the forums a few years, you will notice that the same subjects are discussed over and over again, usually with only little benefit. In this case it has been 5 years, there might indeed be members who have not been around that long.

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/to...-circumcision/

I think circumcision for aesthetical/cultural/religious reasons is an anachronistic atrocity that belongs into history books like slavery or burning of witches.