Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Balloon Chasers

Liked

Balloon Chasers

This topic frequently appears on other boards and now Dodger has mentioned it here so I thought why not have a bitchfight (sorry, I mean a discussion) about it.

For those of you who don't know a balloon chaser is someone who only goes to a bar when they are offering free food. So if you go to a bar regularly and enjoy some free food when on offer you are not a balloon chaser, you are a customer. For me, I think that if you never go to a bar other than when free food is on offer then you should have a considerable degree of embarrassment. I know others will disagree. For the bars I think it's a complete waste of time and money because if Old Stingy Bollocks Farang didn't like your bar before then he's not going to like it after either. Sunee is well known for having a full squad of notorious balloon chasers who pitch up for a free meal but never venture into the bar at any other time. You know who you are.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Balloon Chasers

Would you be referring to the "Barmy Army"?

Liked

MFAS wrote:
    "Would you be referring to the "Barmy Army"?"

Er...blushing . Actually I thought the Barmy Army had disbanded on account of of it's 'membership' all hating each other.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    MFAS wrote:

Er...blushing . Actually I thought the Barmy Army had disbanded on account of of it's 'membership' all hating each other.

I believe they are held together by cheap meatloaf.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 8th, 2017), christianpfc (January 8th, 2017)

Liked

MFAS wrote:
    "I believe they are held together by cheap meatloaf."

Ooohhh. They'll never invite you back now. That'll learn ya. Haha.

Liked

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    MFAS wrote:

Why do you say that Arsenal? The term Barmy Army was used by LMTU (let me tell you) to disparage those who he hated. The same as others here are now using that term.

Is there something wrong with a group of guys wanting to gather for an informal meal once a week to socialize and converse? The meatloaf dinner is inexpensive, the drinks are inexpensive and the boys are cute, what more is there to ask for? No one hates anyone, the only hatred seems to be coming from without.
    Last edited by francois; January 8th, 2017 at 16:57.

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 8th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    The term Barmy Army was used by LMTU (let me tell you) to disparage those who he hated.
    Hi francois, I was a good friend of L.M.T.U. and can say he hated no one, he found many people amusing, some more than others.
    Last edited by Manforallseasons; January 8th, 2017 at 17:18.

Liked

Francois wrote:
    "Why do you say that Arsenal? The term Barmy Army was used by LMTU (let me tell you) to disparage those who he hated. The same as others here are now using that term.

Is there something wrong with a group of guys wanting to gather for an informal meal once a week to socialize and converse? The meatloaf dinner is inexpensive, the drinks are inexpensive and the boys are cute, what more is there to ask for? No one hates anyone, the only hatred seems to be coming from without. "

You're quite wrong on all accounts here Francois and I speak as someone with a Sunee history going back over 12 years. The Barmy Army is a term they themselves use and in itself is not at all disparaging. And if you think that a largish group of retired expats all love each other to bits then a quick refresher in human nature is very much in order. Besides which their use is not original as it was a football chant in the 80s. Perhaps you're a member?
    Last edited by arsenal; January 8th, 2017 at 17:48.

Liked

Talk about bad luck: I can not recall a bar in Thailand serving free food including the two years I worked there.