Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey there!

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Hey there!

Hi youngblood......as its been a while since I have been to C.M. would love your input as to the current gay scene there.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Hi youngblood......as its been a while since I have been to C.M. would love your input as to the current gay scene there.
    Willing to bet a fair summary will be:

It's hot, it's dead, and the boys are all whores.

Look forward to Youngblood putting some meat on the bones though.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    It's hot, it's dead, and the boys are all whores.

There ya go

Certainly not hot this time of year.

Liked

Could you please remember where I am - anything above 10c is hot and an excuse for teenage lads to go about bare chested

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    You make me sound like a character from Twilight.

Gay scene? This whole town is so gay that I can't even think straight! As we say back home, if you throw a stone it's bound to hit someone gay. I have to re-iron my uniform now as the laundry lady didn't do a very good job and I have an early class tomorrow. Ttyl & good night.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstone2 View Post
    Why do I smell a windup? Am I the only one?
    Your sense of smell is excellent.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I may not be so young but I have been Chiang Mai quite a few times in recent years. It's as cruisy as ever and the apps are buzzing. As for gay venues, they are dying fast. The decline seemed to start when all the small bars clustered around The Wall were forced to move. A few disappeared; some moved to the area behind the D2 hotel. Now that D2 area is dead. A cluster of bars has moved to Charoenprathet Soi 6 down from the Night Market towards the river and there are a few elsewhere. I was very disappointed when I visited Secrets Bar around 6 months ago. A small group of expats drinking and chatting and a similar group of Thai boys all sitting together and concentrating exclusively on their phones. Boring! Boring! The number of bar closings over the last few years, however, numbers over 40 including the very popular SoHo bar. That surely gives an indication that nightlife ain't what it was.

Adam's Apple remains and picks up reviews ranging from very good to not so good. Most of the boys are Shan or from Myanmar. New My Way continues its merry way although almost all the boys seem to be straight and performance once back at your hotel leaves a lot to be desired. Circle Pub seems to be the only other go-go bar still in existence and its clientele is now mostly Thai. Free Gay Club was closed some time ago.

The two saunas are still doing well - the long established House of Male with its 2-for-1 buddy nights attracting quite a number of students from the university not far away, and Club One Seven further south across the river from the Holiday Inn hotel.

For farang, most of the interest is now the massage scene. Here again, though, a large number of the old popular places have closed down. I often visited The 2 Brothers because it was located very close to the Meridien and D2 hotels. It is now closed. There are still lots of others around. My favourite is His Club but it's also south of town not far from Club One Seven.

There are mixed discos where lots of gay Thais visit, but discos just aren't my thing.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 10th, 2017), christianpfc (January 11th, 2017)

Liked

rollingstone2 wrote:
    "Why do I smell a windup? Am I the only one?"

MFAS wrote:
    "Your sense of smell is excellent."

Worst case scenario. Sglad is not what he claims to be, IE, a student studying in Chiang Mai. However he is contributing to the board with interesting posts and writes in a pleasingly coherent way. This is unlike frequent, Minimee and Sexual Deviant Latin who between them contribute less than a mosquitos' shit worth of anything.

10. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (January 10th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    I may not be so young but I have been Chiang Mai quite a few times in recent years. It's as cruisy as ever and the apps are buzzing...

There are mixed discos where lots of gay Thais visit, but discos just aren't my thing.
    Yeah I have been to Warm Up Cafe twice. It's popular with students from Payap and CMU but also from some of the other unis (Chiang Mai has at least four unis). They have live bands (nothing to shout about - well you do have to shout if you want to talk to your friends and while not as trendy as RCA, it's a pretty decent looking crowd and the guys/girls here are more down to earth. I like it not least because I can walk home after 555. No way am I going to be get onto a motorbike with a drunk driver.

Yeah you can meet someone through the apps which are very busy as FH says but it's just easy to meet someone at the running track or the pool nearby. I'd go more often but for this weather...to exercise of course! Or a party, student event which exchange students are always invited to or the dozens of people we swapped nos. and fbs with at Orientation. I could go out every night if I wanted to and some do but I find it more interesting if I limit it to once a week. I do have to put in the study hours as I'm doing this exchange for credit and the last thing I want is for the two very keen Japanese girls in my class to show me up.

I haven't been to any of the venues that FH mentioned - none of my Thai friends have mentioned them but then it is a mixed crowd here and I don't hang out with gay friends only. I've heard of Adam's Apple and might check it out sometime. There are also some Rasta/backpacker joints in the Old City; I went to a jazz bar called Northgate which was aaaalright. It was filled with travellers and local expats, mostly Caucasians. It was very busy and the standing-room only crowd spilled into the street. Some hot guys there and this blondilicious Danish NGO gave me his no. and offered to show me around. He even gave me a ride home. It was ookay but I prefer more Thai-type of places.
    Last edited by sglad; January 10th, 2017 at 10:30.

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (January 10th, 2017), steveky (January 11th, 2017), Sugargrandpa (January 28th, 2017)

Liked

Sglads one post above has more of interest to me (and every member bar three I suspect) than the entire post output by we know who. Point proven I think.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (January 11th, 2017), fountainhall (January 10th, 2017)