Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hey there!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hey there!

Hi. I'm Jason, 24, from Singapore. I'm on exchange in Thailand and will be here for about 18 weeks - longer if I decide to stay on for a second semester. I thought I'd say hi to all forum members. Oookay...that's all for now I guess. Happy New Year and have a nice day!

2. 7 Users gave Like to post:

AsDaRa (January 6th, 2017), loke (March 11th, 2017), Moses (January 5th, 2017), steveky (January 11th, 2017), Sugargrandpa (January 28th, 2017), Surfcrest (January 5th, 2017), TaoR (January 5th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Hey there!

Hi Jason! Welcome to SGT and welcome to Thailand! It's not often we get a nice new young poster here. Most of us are way older!

I assume you are in Bangkok. I guess lots of guys would be happy to meet up with you to show you around. But I'm sure you probably know Bangkok quite well. If not, we're here to help. Good luck!

4. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (January 6th, 2017)

Liked

Welcome onboard Jason

Please feel free to post, to ask, to share experience
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

sglad (January 6th, 2017), Surfcrest (January 5th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks for the warm welcome and for the offer to help. I'm in Chiang Mai not Bangkok and I'm the only one from my uni studying at CMU. I did a four-week stint in Bangkok last year but that was a special program tailored for students from my uni and we did the homestay thing. Bangkok was fun but I thought I'd try some place different this year and I'm liking Chiang Mai thus far although it was a bit cold and damp today. I opted to stay off campus for some independence and privacy - uni hostels never sleep. I have a great room off Suthep Road with all the mod-cons and many cheap eateries and snack bars within walking distance. Chiang Mai's Orchard Road ie Huay Kaew Road is just a short ride away. We started classes this week. I'm doing language classes and a modern Thai history course taught in English. It's week one so we're pretty much in the honeymoon/orientation stage. My classmates are mostly from Korea and Japan; there's one Burmese guy, an Australian girl and a couple of Americans we haven't seen much of, one of whom is a hot Latino. I hope to pick up some Spanish by the end of the semester - it never hurts to have an additional language on one's...err...tongue.
    Last edited by sglad; January 6th, 2017 at 00:43.

8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (January 6th, 2017), Moses (January 6th, 2017), steveky (January 11th, 2017)

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

I was going to give a like to this last post but curiously the like button is missing, and yes I am logged in. Moses has already given a "like" to this post, so perhaps some glitch? All the other posts in this thread have the "like" button available. FYI

10. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (January 6th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    I was going to give a like to this last post but curiously the like button is missing, and yes I am logged in. Moses has already given a "like" to this post, so perhaps some glitch? All the other posts in this thread have the "like" button available. FYI
    Just refresh page.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked: 1

Why do I smell a windup? Am I the only one?

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Thanks Moses.

Pot, kettle and black come to mind when someone who has never posted before impugns the integrity of the posts of someone else who has never previously posted. How would we ever get new posters if every new one was subjected to this scrutiny. Give guys some leeway, or rope.

In the "Post Truth World" there is no guaranteed truth, especially on the internet on an anonymous forum. Sglad has posted some interesting details, so I am interested to read more of his experiences. Let's see where the journey takes us.

14. 5 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (January 6th, 2017), Moses (January 6th, 2017), Smiles (January 6th, 2017), steveky (January 11th, 2017), Tintin (January 6th, 2017)

Liked

Jason: You're studying modern Thai history. Allow me to give you a full tutorial. Military coup.

16. User who gave Like to post:

sglad (January 6th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Jason: You're studying modern Thai history. Allow me to give you a full tutorial. Military coup.
    555. How many are we up to now? We had a visiting Thai lecturer who took great pains to distinguish between successful coups and attempted coups so as to reduce the final tally.

18. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 6th, 2017), fountainhall (January 6th, 2017), Tintin (January 6th, 2017)