Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: New Year Countdown in Pattaya

Liked

New Year Countdown in Pattaya

Hi All
    It was reported a while back that all New Years Eve Fireworks and countdown parties in Pattaya would be stopped this year due to the death of HMK Rama IX.

Does anyone know what the current situation is, is this still the case? Any signs of something happening around Bali Hai this year?

Thanks in Advance!

Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: New Year Countdown in Pattaya

There was an article in the BKK Post the other day saying more or less what you have just said.
    In addition to no fireworks there will be 84 seconds (I think) of Silence at midnight and some other solemn event too.
    I'm prepared for this New Years Eve to be a write off.

Liked

Bali Hai was deserted two nights ago. Even the speed boats have gone from the car park. The unfinished condo towers ghost like over the area. A very different feeling after the previous countdown weeks i have experienced in Pattaya. As announced previously no major fireworks display for this New Year's Eve.

Liked: 1

It's a crazy situation; eg. Hua Hin- fireworks. Pattaya- no fireworks! Bangkok: Peninsula Hotel on the river- no fireworks, Anantara Riverside Hotel have an official licence for fireworks on NYE...TIT

Liked

Bali Hai area 31/12/16

There were hundreds of tourists walking out to the pier to take a boat to the islands in very windy conditions later in the morning. Better them than me in that dangerous breeze.

There is a new year's eve morlum concert at third road but i believe it is a mini morlum concert with a Thai rock band also playing at the event. I may go later after the party at Ting Tong Red bar in Sunee Plaza tonight.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    There is a new year's eve morlum concert at third road but i believe it is a mini morlum concert with a Thai rock band also playing at the event. I may go later after the party at Ting Tong Red bar in Sunee Plaza tonight.
    The morlum concerts usually have a negative effect on the bars as many of the guys want to go there and as this is New Years they might perfer to go there with friends instead of sitting in a bar with some old tosser!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I agree Man...it will be interesting to see how many boys are available tonite. I suspect rather few!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_ View Post
    Bali Hai area 31/12/16

There were hundreds of tourists walking out to the pier to take a boat to the islands in very windy conditions later in the morning. Better them than me in that dangerous breeze.

Hmmmm.... maybe I should go to TING TONG too...... seems not a lot of action anywhere for us 2nite.... and my jetlag still existing

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

New Years Eve in Pattaya has begun with a rainstorm now is ending Sunee beginning to get customers.

10. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 31st, 2016)

Liked
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

12. User who gave Like to post:

splinter1949 (January 1st, 2017)