Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yupins Xmas function

Liked

Re: Yupins Xmas function

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Hey, don't get me wrong. I love Lonely in a strange way ... he is a man of no discernible sense of humour. And carrying on with a huge lump of grouchiness on his shoulder as he does requires a lot of work on Sawatdee.
    Maybe I am one of the few who has met Lonely in the flesh (albeit in Prague, rather than Pattaya) - but I found him a pleasant chap with a perfectly reasonable sense of humour and no particularly discernible "lump of grouchiness". Leave the poor guy alone!

And, by the way, for someone like me who, despite visiting LOS regularly for more than 20 years, still hasn't developed a taste for Thai food, Yupins does provide a cheap'n'cheerful - if bland - alternative.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

2. User who gave Like to post:

francois (December 26th, 2016)

Liked

cheap and cheerfull its not
    been twice in all my visits
    for what you get its not cheep
    i dont know why they promote this resturante

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by paperboy View Post
    cheap and cheerfull its not
    been twice in all my visits
    for what you get its not cheep
    i dont know why they promote this resturante
    Who said it was cheap and cheerful. You have been twice with your Thai [Cambodian] BF. Very few resturants that cater for English diners are favoured by Asians.
    You pay extra for service, the quality and presentation of cooking. The wine is better than most similar restaurants. It is not fine dining but certainly better than say the Ritz.
    Regardless of where you and BF decide to eat his opinion will influence yours.

BTW the ads that appear on my PC show Zing at $26Aus per night. If you pay that price then Yupins is probably out of your range
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Wombie wrote:
    "BTW the ads that appear on my PC show Zing at $26Aus per night. If you pay that price then Yupins is probably out of your range."

This is a little silly. I pay about $20 US per night for my three star hotel with it's (for me) perfect location, big clean modern room, huge comfy bed, no attitude whatsoever when I bring my beautiful boys back, it's rooftop swimming pool and 24 hour security. It's got absolutely everything I want and at a good price. And I don't think Yupins or any other of that class of restaurant is really out of anybodies range.

I am labeling this thread Turkeygate.

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (December 30th, 2016)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I have been to Yupins twice I thought the food was way better than average, the owner was quite nice and his wine list was extensive and the per bottle price was the best I have seen in Pattaya however, I agree that precooking turkeys days in advance sounds awful.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 25th, 2016), francois (December 26th, 2016)

Liked

Let's give the management a break and assume that it was more of an attempt to get the taste buds going rather than an actual kitchen diary. After all Yupins is not that big and the number quoted was about 12 turkeys I think. That's an awful lot of turkey. they'd need about 200 customers to eat it all. So poetic license. However I can tell you that if you want the final product to be as good as possible you are far better to cook the turkey very very slowly with considerable water the day before. Cook the crown and the legs separately. Chill it, slice it and reheat it to the correct temperature. 78 degrees C.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    I have been to Yupins twice I thought the food was way better than average,
    OK fair enough. But I also have had dinner at Yupins twice. Each time the meal was hardly more than mediocre and certainly nothing to write home about.
    Nothing particularly bad regarding the owner ... a jolly dude, although I normally can take or leave 'jolly-ness' if too much of it is presented at one sitting.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

And, by the way, for someone like me who, despite visiting LOS regularly for more than 20 years, still hasn't developed a taste for Thai food, Yupins does provide a cheap'n'cheerful - if bland - alternative.

qoted from Marsilius
    Thats WHO said it,
    and yes prob way out of my range of places to eat, hahahahahahahahaha
    Merry Christmas

Liked

So we have things like "bland", "mediocre at best", "decent alternative" being thrown around... Then find out he serves 5 day old protein as a "special".

Definitely a place I'll make sure to drop about $60 on a meal. Even if you're in downtown Vancouver, that's not overly cheap for a one-person meal. It's fair and reasonable, but only if the quality matches the price.

Sorry, I love to cook, and irks me when I see a so-called 3 star michelin chef fleecing the public like that.

Liked

matt, you haven't been to Yupins to dine, so why knock it?

I have been there several times and always a good meal. Their set menu is only 470 Baht which is a bargain.