Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: EMIRATES now charging for SEATS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: EMIRATES now charging for SEATS

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    SOME airlines only charge extra for the most wanted seats though- is it really @ EK for any seat?
    Here's the bottom line:

If you book an EK ticket on the 2 lowest Economy Fares (I think they're called Economy Saver/ Economy Special) then you pay £20 per leg (which is £80 as they dont fly direct from UK) for ANY pre-booked seat.

Your alternative is to wait until 48 hours or less before departure when (if you have internet access at that point) you may reserve any empty seat free - but with absolutely no guarantee you'll get the type of seat you want

I think what this discussion is showing is that

• Emirates are not being as transparent as they could be on their own website and their seat reservation fees are not being flagged up before booking on the comparison sites which millions use.
    • Emirates have all my personal details via Skywards and they took no action to flag up these changes in October - i.e. no email. I think that tells us something - that they hid it?
    • Whilst people accept add-ons is the way things are going, the flip side is that by adopting these policies Airlines are destroying any loyalty many of us had to them
    Last edited by scottish-guy; December 2nd, 2016 at 15:20.