Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Censorship

Liked

Re: Censorship

I think there *will* be tourists who will travel short-haul to see the events, as Founty suggests - and many of those will be Thais from outside Thailand.

I don't think there will be *millions* - but who knows

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    do u think people r gonna travel to thailand to participate in a funeral...what planet do u inhabit...or wtf r u smoking...I want some!!!
    You really are a joke Sexually Deviant Latin! It's not a funeral in the sense of either a western version or a normal Buddhist one.

Have you even the faintest idea what really happens? A massive funeral pyre will start to be constructed on Sanam Luang on January 10th and not completed until a month or two before the cremation at the end of next year. The pyre itself will be 50.49 meters tall and centred in a huge complex of other temporary teak structures. Many hundreds of thousands of people will come, many from overseas, long before the cremation actually takes place to inspect the constructions and watch the various elaborate processions beforehand.

c1_1146604_620x413.jpg
    photo: Thanarak Khunton, Bangkok Post

No doubt you paid zero attention to the last amazing Royal cremations when the King's older sister Princess Galyani had another elaborate ceremony in 2008, or that of the Princess Mother in 1996.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (December 3rd, 2016)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    I disagree. I think it will bring in a flood of tourists to see what all be truly unique and rarely seen events.
    Like Disneyland?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    You really are a joke Sexually Deviant Latin! It's not a funeral in the sense of either a western version or a normal Buddhist one.

Have you even the faintest idea what really happens? A massive funeral pyre will start to be constructed on Sanam Luang on January 10th and not completed until a month or two before the cremation at the end of next year. The pyre itself will be 50.49 meters tall and centred in a huge complex of other temporary teak structures. Many hundreds of thousands of people will come, many from overseas, long before the cremation actually takes place to inspect the constructions and watch the various elaborate processions beforehand.

c1_1146604_620x413.jpg
    photo: Thanarak Khunton, Bangkok Post

No doubt you paid zero attention to the last amazing Royal cremations when the King's older sister Princess Galyani had another elaborate ceremony in 2008, or that of the Princess Mother in 1996.

Thanks for enlightening us. I dare say few people outside of Thailand saw either of those cremations, though I did hear about one of them.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dalewood View Post
    Thanks for enlightening us. I dare say few people outside of Thailand saw either of those cremations, though I did hear about one of them.
    I saw a documentary on it quite a while ago and from seeing that, it will be a big event now as it's the king himself this time.
    I'm not going to travel there, but I can imagine Thai people doing so.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

fountainhall...last thing i want when on holiday is to be caught up in some never ending funeral ceremony...its their King let them mourn as per their fashion and custom. I actually think its a bit rude to treat it like some sort of entertainment, disrespectful. And no, I really cant see non Thais travelling to Thailand because of this, quite the opposite, its when one avoids being anywhere close, imagine the crowds. Its not songkran...

8. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (December 4th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

But anyway...fountain u think its a must do..I dont...so yeah...whatever..

Liked

I think Jonathan Head has been on the edge of getting himself in trouble for quite some time. Perhaps he expects that since he works for the BBC he will be safe. For sure his reports on the succession have been quite frank so it's no surprise he's being blacked out.

I agree with Fountainhall. The funeral will be an enormous, historic event and it will draw some interest and tourists. I visited the crematorium and other buildings built for Princess Galyani's funeral. It's all very colorful and quite beautiful. I am hoping to see the one to be built for Rama IX before the cremation but since they haven't set a date yet, who knows. I booked a trip for early Nov next year.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fedssocr View Post
    I think Jonathan Head has been on the edge of getting himself in trouble for quite some time. Perhaps he expects that since he works for the BBC he will be safe. For sure his reports on the succession have been quite frank so it's no surprise he's being blacked out.
    For reporting the truth? Surely not! Has anyone told arsenal?

Liked

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A8se-majest%C3%A9

For frequent (the enemy within) who is clearly struggling to understand everything apart from his own long standing personal agenda.