Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Berlin - Any suggestions for any good must see gay bars / shows on a Sunday / Monday night etc ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Berlin - Any suggestions for any good must see gay bars / shows on a Sunday / Monday night etc ?

BF and I nipping over to Berlin for a quick 3 day trip in late December to see the Christmas market's etc, so just to save me searching the whole city and wasting my time whilst probably still missing out on where I SHOULD have gone at the start just wondering has anyone any quick tips for the typical "must see" type gay bars or clubs whilst we're there ?

I know there are plenty of hot bars and clubs catering for just about whatever you're into there but this trip what with it being Christmas and all I'm not so bothered about any hardcore stuff ( well on THIS trip perhaps - and thats "probably' not bothered until I get there I should say more like :-) - but no, for now just somewhere to go for a bit of crack whilst there and to perhaps enjoy the gay christmas atmosphere of Berlin for somewhere different - so any good tips guys ?

Liked

Re: Berlin - Any suggestions for any good must see gay bars / shows on a Sunday / Monday night etc ?

In the absence of helpful replies, I have to say the only Berlin bars I have used are the rent bars & since they are increasingly attracting unreliable & not so cute boys, the internet is a better bet for that.

If you are doing saunas, Boiler is a much better bet than Splash Club. Whilst Splash club has been refitted to a good standard, ever since they cleared out all the hookers, it has been frequented by very mature & overweight types. On the other hand, at least Boiler has something to look at.

I would find yourself a hotel near Schoneburg & just explore the bars.

Liked

Re: Berlin - Any suggestions for any good must see gay bars / shows on a Sunday / Monday night etc ?

Recommend the Axel Hotel - very central for all the bars

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thanks guy in the absence of replies earlier I went ahead and have booked the Albrechtshof hotel, which from a quick search SG I'm "guessing" is about a mile to two tops from the Axel, it's in the shopping area apparently and close to "the sights" and christmas market/s I'm told so for a quick break I'm hoping it will do rightly. Wow there's certainly no shortage of gay bars etc listed in Berlin although from past trips to german gay bars I've ended up travelling miles across a city only to walk into some tiny bar and think 'really, this is IT?"

But as the main day time and early evening stuff will be normal touristy stuff and the gay bars only being hit later perhaps I'm happy to take my chances as I seem to have quite an attuned nose to sniffing out cock from no matter where it emanates no matter WHAT city I find myself in - even when I'm with someone else and not looking for it it seems which is all the more annoying of course ! :-)

Bu thanks for the replies guys.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ahhh SG - to TOTALLY contradict what I've just written above - so after my going on booking.com to get that Axel hotel location it finally dawned on me that that is the sister hotel of Axel gay in Barcelona ( where I'm staying in January ) and even booking.com ( much to my surprise) stated it was bang in the middle of Berlin's Gay area and gay bars and clubs abound all round it - so, as my previous hotel was "cancellation possible" it was rapidly cancelled and Axel hotel now booked, so Berlin here we cum ! :-))

So, thanks again for the tip SG, you've just made that side of our Berlin trip MUCH easier for us I think, see yet again this board and it's members knowledge prove it's and their worth in so many useful ways !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As for gay_DE=Germany in general: from what I've heard/read the last year or 2 BERlin has been greatly overtaken by the nice city of Kóln (Cologne maybe for you), even though its about 3 times smaller as BERlin (but still around 1 million people) it is said to have now more gays and also gay establishments as the new capital. Its airport is a main hub for low-cost budgetflghts (Germanwings).
    In Germany its still GayROmeo (or planetromeo) that has the most followers-after all it was founded there. See also thei commercial sites pages-and there are often discounts etc. Opinion is also that sites like that are best to find MBs for temporary services-from 50 eur.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well just back a few days and Berlin was another very enjoyable break - well all apart from the terrorist driving his truck into the Christmas market that we'd been in all day and had left there just a few hours before ! We were SO lucky to have decided to go back to our hotel for a rest rather than back to the market for dinner as planned as the very same stall that we were standing looking at christmas baubles at was the one that was totally levelled by the truck and where I'm guessing the people were killed. Just shows you, when we say tomorrow is promised to no one and to live every day as if it's our last is VERY true ! :-(

Aside from that Berlin was great, lots to see and do and loads of interesting shopping. Everywhere easy to get around and prices not too bad either. Re the gay stuff there's quite a good gay village type thing going on with bars and clubs to suit nearly all tastes from just a quiet drink to vanilla dark rooms to fisting clubs ( latin get your fights booked quick !) but as we were there only on a Sunday and Monday night things were quiet enough and we didn't bother partaking of anything of any interest as the terrorist incident changed the vibe of the place of course and we were just happy to get to the airport ( which was bedlam) and get home safe and sound for Christmas. But Berlin and would I go back - yes, absolutely.

Liked

I have not been to Berlin for more than 20 years. Any detailed, recent information would be greatly appreciated!