Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry to begin on New Year's Day

Liked

Re: Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry to begin on New Year's Day

Dalewood wrote:
    "Better a tourist of modest means than no tourist at all. Motel 6 keeps people working too."

I disagree.The amount of money that comes into the Thai economy compared to the aggravation these millions of budget tourists is not a reasonable return. It's miserable for them and everyone else. And clearly the Thai government agrees too so.....

Liked

Commeth the hour, commeth the man. Tomorrow, the great day, is almost upon us.

Smiles, you are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we, the Sawatdee Network members have striven these many months. The eyes of the forum are upon you. Rest assured that the hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is not well trained, or well equipped, but will be battle-hardened. You will need to fight savagely, if need be, to secure a life jacket should Boaty McBoatface perchance happen upon the rocks or inclement weather such as rough, rogue or even rouge waves.

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty, and skill in getting up on time and securing a seat with a view. We, the membership, will accept nothing less than full victory and completion of the return journey between Hua Hin and Pattaya.

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

3. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 12th, 2017), christianpfc (January 12th, 2017), Smiles (January 13th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Commeth the hour, commeth the man. Tomorrow, the great day, is almost upon us.
    Smiles, you are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we, the Sawatdee Network members have striven these many months. The eyes of the forum are upon you. Rest assured that the hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you.
    Oh fuck off.
    "Commeth"??
    I'm not going ... more important things have arisen. I guess someone else will have to guinea-pig this adventure because it looks now that my sailing will have to be, not a first, but more likely a thirty-first.
    Now of course, I wish I had not presented myself as a Christoper Columbus or a Magellan. Apologies.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Commeth the hour . . .
    . . . departeth the man!

Come on, Jelly old boy. Time for you to step in to the rescue.

Liked

With everyone else chickened out, it was left to me to ride and report:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/201...d-hua-hin.html

A pleasant ride, I wish them success and I will take the ferry again whenever I can combine Pattaya and Hua Hin.

For those interested: Live west under each seat, no Chinese tour groups.

7. 7 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (February 4th, 2017), arsenal (February 4th, 2017), Dalewood (February 4th, 2017), fountainhall (February 4th, 2017), goji (February 4th, 2017), Jellybean (February 4th, 2017), Tintin (February 4th, 2017)

Liked

What an excellent trip report with marvellous photos, ChristianPFC. I knew we could rely on you, our intrepid reporter-at-large, to step up to the plate. I doubt if any other member could have packed in so much detail into their report.

I was relieved to see the ferry does not allow guns, weapons of any sort and dynamite on board. That seems an imminently sensible precaution and very reassuring.

But, dear-oh-me, you could have stretched to at least a 20 baht tip to the sↄↄng-teeo driver. I know we could never expect you to tip on a par with the other passengers, but ten baht, really?

9. User who gave Like to post:

francois (February 6th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well done Christian! Bugger about not being able to sit outside, though. That would lovely on a nice day. Then again, I can't recall any other other jetfoil trips where outside seating is permitted. I guess there is too much risk of a passenger leaning over, falling overboard and then becoming mincemeat in the foils! I assume it is some sort of jetfoil or hydrofoil.

Liked

The ship must run at around 50 km/h, I even had an impression of speed inside (whereas the other ferries are much slower). That's quite some wind if you were standing outside.

I took the hydrofoil between Saigon and Vung Tao (twice, to and back), the ride felt different. Recommended over the bus (I didn't take that bus Saigon - Vung Tao, but have experience from other bus rides).

12. User who gave Like to post:

loke (March 11th, 2017)