Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry to begin on New Year's Day

Liked

Re: Pattaya-Hua Hin ferry to begin on New Year's Day

I would have gone HH to PTY if the ferry had been running (despite the unfavorable time of 8:30). Next chance is end of this month, in combination with trip to Pattaya (15:30 PTY to HH is much more favorable), provided the ferry is running by then. Due to high cost only one-way, HH to BKK by bus or train.

Liked

If I take this journey from Pattaya, I will have to stay overnight in Hua Hin. How should one pass the time there overnight? B1250 each way? Seems expensive for the locals. I might think twice about taking "company" with me from Pattaya unless it was someone I really liked.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    " ... Or maybe, just maybe, Smiles might lay off the booze long enough to get up on time and catch the 08:30 departure and let us have one of his exceptionally well written trip reports. (Only joking about the booze, Smiles, in case it wasn’t obvious) ... "
    OK OK ... I shall try the trip next week, on a Friday, and on the 13th.
    You couldn't wish more unless I deliberately decide to throw myself overboard ~ all Hollywood ~ into the briny depths in the middle of the Gulf of Thailand screaming
    "Sawatdee Sucks" just as I hit the one and only 5-meter-high rogue wave to be recorded in the last 300 years. Hey ... it could have been "Pattaya Sucks" which would've been more understandable.

Whatever, if you don't hear from me, we didn't make it ... and I don't mean anything like Christian's unbelievably pathetic excuse of an " ...
    unfavorable time of 8:30 am ... ". Oh dear oh dear, Queen Elizabeth must not let her pale-but-unblemished skin come into contact with the morning sun. No wonder he hasn't had a decent fucking Thai Twink for over 6 years now.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dalewood View Post
    If I take this journey from Pattaya, I will have to stay overnight in Hua Hin. How should one pass the time there overnight?
    Well, there are 3 (?) boy host bars in Hua Hin, and when I went over a year ago, it looked promising.

At 8:30 I prefer to be in bed, or having breakfast at most, but not be at a pier/bus stop/train station/airport.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    " ... At 8:30 I prefer to be in bed, or having breakfast at most, but not be at a pier/bus stop/train station/airport.... "
    Christian, you really are an unbelievable nerd aren't you. Did you know that?
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Christian (not Fletcher, he was a fine seamen) wrote:
    "Well, there are 3 (?) boy host bars in Hua Hin, and when I went over a year ago, it looked promising."

I certainly didn't know that. I thought the whole place was populated with a few fisherman and their wives. I'm still not getting on that fucking boat though.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post

OK OK ... I shall try the trip next week, on a Friday, and on the 13th . . .

Ahhh . . . I knew we could count on you to step once more into the breach, Smiles. But to be on the safe side, I would set two alarm clocks if I were you. Belt and braces and all that, if you know what I mean.

Crikey! A Friday the thirteenth departure you say. Hmmm . . . perhaps you might be pushing your luck a bit too far, but hey! let’s not dwell on any of the negative aspects, they’ve already been covered at length in the earlier posts.

And remember, the eyes of the world will be upon you. Oh, wait a minute, scrub that, it sounds a little bit over the top. I’ll start again, if I may . . .

And remember Smiles, the eyes of the forum members and readers will be upon you, so don’t let us down. I’m sure we all wish you God speed and a bon voyage.

One last thing Smiles, do bear in mind that it is a far, far better thing that you do, than you have ever done for the membership; and I am sure we all hope it is not a far, far better rest that you go to than you have ever known.

Liked

It's probably a good idea to try the ferry on Friday, the 13th, and I'm sure everyone wishes you good luck with this undertaking, but...

According to the Bangkok Post article provided by Surfcrest by then the ferry will reverse its direction and travel the other way around:

Departure time is set at 8.30am and the return trip at 3pm. The ferry is scheduled to depart Hua Hin for Pattaya return from Jan 7 to 10 and from Pattaya to Hua Hin return on Jan 13 to 15.
    If true, this will save you an early departure in Hua Hin!

Liked

This is bad news for the overly optimistic owner of Boaty McBoatface but good news for everybody else.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Econ...ar-tour-groups

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    This is bad news for the overly optimistic owner of Boaty McBoatface but good news for everybody else.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Econ...ar-tour-groups
    Better a tourist of modest means than no tourist at all. Motel 6 keeps people working too.