Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS View Post
As to hotels, my recommendation is the Best Western LEX ........or the St. Mark
Just for your info GWM St Mark hotel now booked, I was almost booking BW Lex and I can absolutely see how and why you rated it and it was only a few pounds more than St Marks and is for sure the better hotel by far - BUT strangely I preferred the lesser of the two choices as the second wasn't a "corporate" hotel, I travel a lot for work and when away in Asia etc I always enjoy NOT being in a fancy or a business type hotel with those sort of people around me and I'm also guessing that St Mark's is a bit quieter and more private and easier to slip in and out of "unnoticed" if you know what I mean :-) But thanks again, your recommendation was spot on !

Now, pushing my luck - any ideas for hotels re Davao ? My BF ( who is FROM Davao !) is being ( and not putting too fine a point on it) being FUCKING USELESS when it comes to asking him to recommend anywhere or suggest where I spend my time - one would almost think he didn't want me in the thick of the action or something there - but surely NOT !! :-)