Hi guys,

Just asking has anyone any updates / info / bar info / hotel recommendations etc re Cebu ( or Davao ) in the Philippines please ?

I'm heading there at the start of Jan 17 for a week or so of R&R (alone :-)) then flying down to Davao to join up with my PH BF there ( who's flying home to visit his wider family circle for a few weeks) and to join him there for a week or so for a bit of sightseeing and to join him at his mothers birthday party ( oh what joy - not ! :-)

So, for "my" part of the trip and for when I'm alone all I know about Cebu is that the area around "Mango Square" is the happening place apparently ( both gay and straight ) and that's where the / any action might be found, however as this info has been provided to me by said BF i thought I should just maybe ask around and double check / get some sound bar info etc, just in case he's cleverly sending me to the City's convent area for a week to ensure I behave myself ( not that a convent would be enough to ensure that anyway ! :-)

So, any tips or advice about any aspect of the trip will be greatly received and appreciated ?

Ha, my only current concern is that I only decided to go today on a total whim when I seen a "cheapy flight" popping up on sky scanner with Kuwait Airways !? It was then only AFTER I'd booked the flights that I bothered to actually look up and read a few reviews of the airline and OMG !!! I think I can honestly say that Kuwait Airways has the very worst reviews of ANY airline I've EVER read ! :-)

So, I guess at least I know what to expect now but from reading what others have said about them if they even GET me there I'll be surprised and if it's in ANY comfort and on the same day that they've claimed I'll be even more amazed perhaps - and the worst part is that they don't even serve alcohol on their flights to numb the pain !

Oh well, all just another part of life's great adventure to come I guess ! :-)