List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cebu / Davao in the Philippines - Anyone got any hotel / bar info / general tips for there please - much appreciated if so ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Cebu / Davao in the Philippines - Anyone got any hotel / bar info / general tips for there please - much appreciated if so ?

Glad you are having a great time and not getting kidnapped/beheaded.

Less money boy orientated but I bet they are still out for long term support?

"Handsum man" - are you still using Scottish's picture online?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Cebu / Davao in the Philippines - Anyone got any hotel / bar info / general tips for there please - much appreciated if so ?

Ha well I made it back alive no matter WHAT my insurance company insisted as they rescinded my policy just before I left ! but all back in just about one piece, mind you that latter part was more perhaps due to myself being a willing victim to the Ph guys seemingly never ending sexual demands :-)

As I said I was well pleased with Cebu and I definitely will go back there again sometime when I get the chance, however as I've literally just booked my next (usual) Bkk / Bali / Pattaya adventure not half an hour ago for July I may have to put that Ph's trip on the back burner again for another wee while.

And re the are they less money orientated etc - all I can say about that was that they were absolutely NON money orientated full stop!

I do realise of course that I may have been lucky / careful in my choices, but with the guys I met there was no question of any money or support or anything else being sought ( although I did buy one guy a pair of trainers but that was as much as surprise to him as it was to me and just sort of happened out of blue.

Of course absolutely they all would have loved me to be living there and so for them to be my "bf" long time ( hey there's worse places in the world to settle and do that perhaps ) but in terms of the usual Pattaya hands out for even saying hello in a bar or just for talking to someone who then expects a "tip" ( for FUCK ALL) then no, there was absolutely none of the that, quite the opposite, the guys in the ph's couldn't have been nicer actually.

However to counter that I'd travelled on down to Davao with my PH bf and we were having coffee in a shopping mall there when an older white guy sat down for a second to say hi and asked could I speak English etc. He seemed a nice, pleasant, mannerly guy and so I said "pull up a seat", however once my bf got up to go collect our coffee within seconds the guy was leaning across and talking quietly in my ear saying " ok I didn't want to say this while your BF was here but just in case you're thinking of moving here with one of these people be careful ! Trust me it's not all it seems, I've lived here for 10 years and the Flipino people ......you can then go on to list just about any insult you can think of including him implying they were untrustworthy, mean spirited and malicious etc ! I simply politely said " oh, really", he then went on to list the usual list of scams and guys who had been scammed by their ( female in his case) lovers and lost a load of money.

He also related how the police and the judiciary even helped a PH women scam her white husband and force him out of the Country ( sounds familiar I thought). He then told me how his wife has Alzheimer's and how the locals in his village had spread the rumour that he'd been beating her and that's what caused her to get this ( medically nonsense of course but who knows maybe he HAD been beating her for all I know). Anyway his final word as my BF arrived back and before he broke back into his friendly smile was a strong note of caution and to trust no one there ( not bad advice anywhere in Asia I thought to myself) and he then left to go back to the large mansion he said he lived in, complete with 4 staff and a chauffeur - just shows you money can't buy happiness it seems ( but it helps !).

Mind you when listening to him ( and I don't disbelieve what he said) all I could think of was " well now I could be sitting in just about any bar in Pattaya right now and hearing the very same stories" so I'm not sure that the Ph's is any better than any other place in that regard perhaps, but hey at least you're mainly getting scammed in English there so somehow that makes it all feel not quite so bad I guess !

And as for am I still using SG's picture etc ? I'm assuming you're kidding as I've no idea what you mean, unless you're implying SG is "handsum" and as I haven't yet had the pleasure on that I really couldn't say......
    Last edited by Nirish guy; February 1st, 2017 at 03:13.

3. User who gave Like to post:

goji (February 2nd, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"And as for am I still using SG's picture etc ? I'm assuming you're kidding as I've no idea what you mean, unless you're implying SG is "handsum" and as I haven't yet had the pleasure on that I really couldn't say......"

Of course I was kidding...
    and sucking up to Scottish at the same time.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

See why am I thinking he'd like us to be imaging something like this.......

images.jpeg

When we all know the reality is most likely something more akin to.....

kilt.jpg

Mind you, they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder as I guess for some Thai ( or Vietnamese boys :-) he is indeed one hell of a HANDSUM man :-) lol

No offence SG, we're only tugging your sporran ! ( and that costs 1000 baht short time right ? :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Ha well I made it back alive no matter WHAT my insurance company insisted as they rescinded my policy just before I left !
    Have you checked the legality of that ?
    Surely rescinding the policy means any cautious traveller would not go, due to the risk of unexpected accidents & medical expenses etc ? So as you've paid for everything like flights etc, can they legally pull the rug from underneath you like that ?

Oh and who were the insurers (please) ? Just in case I want to avoid them.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"Have you checked the legality of that ?"

What you mean do the insurers have the right to cancel / withdraw cover ? Yes, I believe they do as they stare quite clearly in their terms and conditions which are available before you buy the policy that there are several reasons that can and will cause them to withdraw cover, one of those being and as in my case, the UK Government ( and several others too) issuing a specific travel advisory notice re an area to suggest travel to that area should only be undertaken "in exceptional ciclrcumstances" .

In my particular case it was frustrating as it WAS an "area" they were talking about i.e. Samal etc ( albeit that's a very large area I guess) rather than an entire country, but unfortunately both Davao and Cebu also fell into their "best not to go" areas and on checking with them, they then checked with their underwriters who replied of course Sir it's "up to you" but we strongly advise against going but if you want to just be aware that we can't and won't cover you for the duration of your trip to those areas ( which unfortunately for my entire holiday basically),

To be honest I fully expected and understood their position re possible terrorism and kidnap cover etc and I did volunteer to accept an exclusion clause re those things to be added but they ( shittily I thought) went ahead and just removed ALL cover, even for basic accidents and normal every day medical stuff which I though was a bit mean of them.

I pointed out that my policy had been in place for over 10 years with them without a single claim but their reasoning was that a terrorist incident could happen, resulting in a car crash or other associated injury and that could cause a possible grey area of cover, so to avoid any confusion they just preferred to remove ALL cover so I was crystal clear on their position ( how very nice of them).

And re your "surely rescinding the policy means any cautious traveller would not go, due to the risk of unexpected accidents & medical expenses etc ?" - yep, I'm guessing you're probably right about that too, but hey, life's short and I'd already booked my trip several weeks before I'd rang them ( which was the day before I was to travel) and I figured that for 50 other weeks of the year I managed to get by without seriously injuring myself so on the law of averages I was prepared to risk and take a chance for those other two weeks.

Also figuring that if I was injured it would either be simple medical ( in which case fair enough just grimace and pay it myself) or if it was more kidnap related then I had bigger problems to worry about !! I did in fact leave instructions with my office manager re that second issue as to what to do in the case of being asked to pay a ransom etc or not ( yes by the way was my answer, sell bloody everything I said if and pay the bloody thing and I'll worry about being poor later but at least I'd still be alive - well, hopefully anyway).

So, yes whilst I'm not suggesting that that was maybe my smartest ever life decision, fuck it, sometimes you just have to get on with life and let the chips fall where they may.

I would add that I was with my ph bf and his entire family for most of the "dangerous" area part and so was quietly confident that their local knowledge would keep me safe(ish) - and it seems that I was right as I did make it back in one piece.

Oh and the insurer was Multitrip.com, albeit I believe they are only the reseller and it's either Aviva or Alliance who were the underwriters, sorry I can't remember whicj one exactly just now and I CBA going all the way up to my computer upstairs to check. Sorry :-)

In the insurance company's defence though their actions were and are totally standard throughout the industry and I'm sure and believe that all other insurers would have followed exactly the same path and in fact they told me as much when I'd asked them to recommend anywhere that COULD give me cover in my circumstances. So I hold them no ill will against them - well, maybe aside from them removing my standard basic medical cover, which was just I felt a bit unnecessary and mean and petty and just s bit opportunistic I thought).
    Last edited by Nirish guy; February 2nd, 2017 at 07:27.

8. User who gave Like to post:

goji (February 3rd, 2017)

Liked

Nirish,
    I missed many of your posts, as I was enjoying my Holiday in Cebu City in February.
    Glad you found Cebu "exciting". I assume you made it to Mango and found Alchology?
    And you managed to not get raped by the Ladyboys...
    Did any of the guys take you out to other clubs??
    Which hotel did you book? How was it?
    And were you there for Sinulog. Many years ago I knew two hot young guys who were in the top dance group. Always enjoyed seeing them in their "Village" costumes.
    About Davao. I guess you spent most of your time with your BF's Family.
    When I was there many years ago, there where no Gay Bars. But I enjoyed the massage and happy ending at several places in central. Do not remember the names. The tips were rather expensive but the men were hot!!!
    Funny to hear the stories you were told by the OLD WHITE MAN!! I think the Filipino Ladies are more of a concern than the Filipino Men. That is because you can actually married them and they then have their "ways".
    Anyway, post more details when you have time.
    PAALAM