Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New 360 Bar in Pattaya

Liked

Re: New 360 Bar in Pattaya

what a nightmare Leila is
    She tried to sell BF and I perfume the other night when we were there!

She also told me that I looked like a very generous guy, haha!

SG the Waiter/barman you are referring to above (from Throb/Splash) is Tong
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Ah, now you say it I remember

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes, Tong another one who "demands" tips. Not a pleasant character IMHO.

Liked

To be fair - there was no instance of either Leila or Tong demanding anything on my visit.

Perhaps the owner has warned them off

Liked

I went for the first time tonight and had a great time. Yes, the layout is a bit odd but I'm here for the men.

Liked

Agree that the mamasan was a nightmare. I was there in early September, the only customer in the bar. Very odd layout as others have commented, I had my eye on one lad walking around the bar but he didn't get up on stage before the mamasan descended on me. Initially it was friendly enough, over-effusively thanking me for visting the bar and complaining how bad business was in general.

After 10 minutes or so she got impatient with me not asking a boy to sit for a drink (I was still waiting for my target to get on stage so I could get a better look). She said she had just been tallying up earnings for the boys from offs and drinks, and the boy in front of us on stage had worked in the bar for a week and had no offs and no drinks. I was unmoved by this, but she called him over to sit next to me anyway, despite my protestations. I refused to be hustled into buying him a drink, which led to an awkward situation. The lad was pleasant enough, even cute, just not my type. After a few minutes I'd had enough - I gave the boy 100 Baht in sympathy (better than buying a drink for which he'd get 20 or 40 Baht), and fled, vowing not to return.

I will go back next time I'm in Pattaya, but will handle the mamasan more firmly!

Liked: 1

But how do you handle a mamasan like like? He/she has been in the business long enough to know what will and will not bring a customer back to the bar. I'm sure he/she has many special qualities but sensitivity to customers' requirements is not one of them.
    Someone on the soi told me 360 is funded with Chinese money. Maybe the new owners were unaware of mamasan's repuation?

Liked

I had no problem with the mamasan but I already knew the man I liked worked there so maybe I was left alone. I'm in Bangkok now and with the rainy season meaning few customers the staff in go go bars are even more mithering for tips than usual. Last night I was paying the bill in one and three people appeared in front of me wanting a tip, followed by the doorman asking on the way out.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan B View Post
    The lad was pleasant enough, even cute, just not my type. After a few minutes I'd had enough - I gave the boy 100 Baht in sympathy (better than buying a drink for which he'd get 20 or 40 Baht), and fled, vowing not to return.

I will go back next time I'm in Pattaya, but will handle the mamasan more firmly!
    Thanks for the warning. I'll be ready for this if they are still in business when I visit later in the year.

If the mamasan calls someone over to sit with you without your agreement and you tip him, the mamasan's tactic has succeeded (since the mamasan will probably harass the poor lad for a cut of the tip).
    So I think the way is to stand your ground and insist no one sits with you until you ask. It's not really fair on the lad, but he's an adult and if the mamasan is a piece of work, the boy should just move to another bar.

Liked

Sometimes when I'm tipsy I give every man on the stage 100 baht but even my drunken generosity doesn't extend to the mamasans.