I'm pissed, and I feel guilty, although there's no reason for me to. Leo hung out here for a while, witnessed my lifestyle, and thought to himself, "that looks much better than the farm, I want to do that too!".

So that's it, he's hitting up his mom for money, and going to a college in Savannahket to "learn computer". This basically equates to him spending his parent's life savings and 2 years of his life to get an education he could get for free off Google in 1 month.

I feel kind of bad, because it's somewhat my fault. He hung out here, and we'd go into town, nonchalantly spend thousands of baht, come back home to cook up a nice shrimp dinner, then I'd resign myself to my computer chair with some music, a whiskey, my dogs, and push a bunch of buttons and money magically somehow shows up in my account. He thinks it's a hell of an idea, so wants to do it too.

I've tried talkig him out of the schooling thing, but he won't listen. I've offered to help teach him, but only if he shows the ambition, fortitude, and ability to learn new things and teach himself new things on his own. That's the most important aspect of the work I do -- you're learning new things every week, due to how quickly technology moves.

But nope, he's going to school, will spend his mom's life savings, and 2 years of his life learning obsolete shit from probably 10 years ago. Then upon graduating, will be at the exact same spot in life he is at today. Tried telling him, but he doesn't want to listen.