Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report - Phnom Penh 2016

Liked

Trip Report - Phnom Penh 2016

I arrived via a Thai airways flight from Bangkok. According to the stewardess, as I had an e-visa, I didn't need to fill in any of the forms they were handing out on the plane. Wrong. I had to suffer the humiliation of being sent to the back of the (admittedly short) queue once by the immigration officer and then by the customs officer. I'm sure I must have saved some time somewhere paying a premium for the e-visa but it's not immediately obvious.

My first bout of indulgence, after a visit to the disturbing Toul Sleng Genocide museum, was a visit to Ganesh House for a 90 minute oil massage. I haven't seen it mentioned a great deal, so here's my account for the record.

It didn't get off to a great start as either I picked a boy the manager didn't want me to, or he couldn't make out what letter I was referring to, but he kept trying to declare I'd chosen someone else. This happened four times, but I stuck my ground, and I'm very glad I did.

I had one of the best massages I can remember having. Not rushed but beautifully and evenly executed from a cute boy who has clearly had proper training.

At the end, he asked me if I wanted a special message, and there ensued a really great passionate time.

All in all, I really positive experience in some great premises.

More to follow..

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

llz (March 22nd, 2016), Moses (March 21st, 2016)

Liked

Re: Trip Report - Phnom Penh 2016

Yeah, with or without e-visa you still have to fill immigration card at time of enter and to save half of it till time of exit from Cambodia.

Liked

nasherich i am traveling to cambodia in november so i am looking forward to your part 2

Liked

Part 2

Spent the late morning at Wat Phnom, the hill which gives the city its name and took in a few other city sights including the Independence Monument.

Near there is the Feel Good Cafe 2, lovely, relatively quiet, place which serves good lunch snacks and excellent coffee. Highly recommended.

I could get used to the touchy feely flirty nature of the waiters in Cambodia.

On gay Romeo, I made contact with a guy from Siem Reap who was in Phnom Penh for some treatment on his teeth for a couple of days. After an hour of miscommunication about location (he turned up at the cafe I already mentioned above, despite me having told him I'd left and was heading back to my hotel), I had pretty well written off the chances of meeting, but amazingly we finally meet at a cafe near my hotel (a precaution of mine) and it was a pleasant surprise. Not only did he look exactly like his pictures, but he was a good English speaker. After the cafe, we adjourned to my nearby hotel where his other talents became obvious and two hours of pleasure ensued.

We agreed to meet later on, and went to the River House restaurant - also highly recommended. Following that, we adjourned for cocktails on the roof of the Urban Hotel where a cool breeze made for a very pleasant evening.

Then back to the hotel, where the presence of a bath on the balcony, which I'd hitherto thought was ridiculous, especially because it's in full view of the neighbouring property, provided the scene for another hour of erotic bliss in the dark. My God, I think I'm falling for this guy...

6. User who gave Like to post:

steveky (August 3rd, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by nasherich View Post
    I'm sure I must have saved some time somewhere paying a premium for the e-visa but it's not immediately obvious.
    Probably not. I had visa on arrival twice (Jul 2014 and Jan 2016), it takes about 10 minutes. For me a no-brainer: it's cheaper and faster (I estimate e-visa would take longer, and then I would have to go to an internet cafe to print it out).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    Probably not. I had visa on arrival twice (Jul 2014 and Jan 2016), it takes about 10 minutes. For me a no-brainer: it's cheaper and faster (I estimate e-visa would take longer, and then I would have to go to an internet cafe to print it out).
    Visa-on-arrival takes less time in airports and much more time than e-visa at points of border crossing by land. Also it is sometimes cheaper only in airports - at the land-border officers asking 1000 baht of bribes. Everyone can decline, but then for sure your visa-on-arrival will be not "faster"

When I 'm crossing border by land I decline bribes, give them answer like "Don't worry, I have a time" and take a seat with book. It works: usually after that they make visa in 15-20 minutes.

9. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 28th, 2016)

Liked

Glad to know you are having a good time. I love Cambodia and Cambodians. Which property are you staying at with bath on balcony?

Liked

I'm staying at the Rambutan hotel. It's a lovely place, a little out of town but nothing that a tuk-tuk can't sort.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Rambutan has mixed clientele but is owned by a Dutch/Thai gay couple. Staff are lovely boys around 20 yrs old, not available for anything intimate. Nevertheless, I am in love with at least three of them. Hotel is located about 10 minutes' tuk tuk ride from the Hatha Khmer, Hero and Ganesh massage venues. There is no lift but there are rooms on the ground floor and first floor.

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

ktq (May 24th, 2020), steveky (August 3rd, 2016)

Liked

Rambutan is next door to Arthur & Paul where the cute staff are available for intimate activities