Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to Western Union

Liked

Re: Alternatives to Western Union

Good job moderating Surfcrest. He can go talk to himself on his own forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest
    You might want to try a little reverse psychology next time to see if you ever get what you want from me...
    I find you completely wanting in every respect.

Liked

Only now do I come to read the recent development of this thread and the ramification of the bitcoin discussion and Bruce's board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi
    It wouldn't surprise me if the USA decided to make it an offence for its citizens to hold bitcoins.
    That's an interesting idea, and there is precedence:
    Gold Reserve Act
    Governments all over the world screw their citizen by printing money, which leads to:
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    But the best example of all..... is the US Dollar.... which has lost 97% of its value since the Consumer Price Index began tracking its real value.... in 1913.
    I support the idea of a form of storage of value that no government has power over, like gold or bitcoin. Some day I might look into bitcoin and join.

There are various aspects to bitcoin: speculation or storage? As a chemist, I can handle gold, I can bury it and dig it up, dissolve it in acid, hide it, smuggle it across borders, and convert it back. When I cut a bar in half, both halfes are worth exactly half of the original bar. I can't do any of this with bitcoin (I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't know how to do it).
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt
    Bruce is supposedly an expert IT consultant who's been in the industry for 37 years, but doesn't even know a smartphone is a computer, so wouldn't worry about it too much.
    And you don't know how to use Grindr. post299206.html

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    As a chemist, I can handle gold, I can bury it and dig it up, dissolve it in acid, hide it, smuggle it across borders, and convert it back. When I cut a bar in half, both halfes* are worth exactly half of the original bar. (*halves)
    "Nout Wellink has called dealings in bitcoins a bubble that is тАЬpure speculationтАЭ and тАЬhypeтАЭ and тАЬworse than the tulip maniaтАЭ of the seventeenth century because тАЬat least then you got a tulip [at the end], now you get nothing.тАЭ

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_nyc
    But the best example of all..... is the US Dollar.... which has lost 97% of its value since the Consumer Price Index began tracking its real value.... in 1913.
    Bitcoin has lost 66% of its value in just the last year.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"Only know do I come to read the recent development of this thread and the ramification of the bitcoin discussion and Bruce's board."

What ??

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Bruce is supposedly an expert IT consultant who's been in the industry for 37 years, but doesn't even know a smartphone is a computer, so wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Ah but Matt acknowledges when he doesn't know something, as your link makes clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    Ah but Matt acknowledges when he doesn't know something ...
    Only some of the time, as his postings about VPNs make clear to those of us who do understand these things. However he's possibly not as dumb as Surfcrest who, if he has ever read Sun Tzu, has not grasped how to apply what he has read so as to comprehend other people :ymdevil:

Liked

Well, I didn't at the time. Got it figured out now though. :-) Only reason I bought a tablet was for the gay dating apps like Grindr and Hornet, as sites like GR are pretty much deserted, at least for up here. Got it all figured out now though. Aside from Line, Grindr and Hornet, I have zero use for my tablet.

Again, my niche is commercial based software -- multiple servers, separating the services, and actual web sites you reigster and login to. I don't do mobile apps, although looks that may be changing quite shortly.

Liked

Amazing, 17 pages of bullshit on alternatives to Western Union. Anyone not knowing "Shit from Shinola" would know how to transfer money to Thailand, other than Western Union. Let it die and get a life. :ymdevil:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    However he's possibly not as dumb as Surfcrest who, if he has ever read Sun Tzu, has not grasped how to apply what he has read so as to comprehend other people :ymdevil:
    Speaking of the Art of War, I just slit BrisbaneGuy's throat...I'd do the same for you, but I like to keep my enemies closer.

Surfcrest