Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shanghai Warning.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Shanghai Warning.

Smiles - sorry this is a year late! The park is Dongdan Park about 3 blocks east of Tiananmen Square and then turn south. It's a smallish park right there almost at the intersection.

As for the comment in the OP, I have written several times both here and in gaythailand about the dangers of picking anyone up off the street in China. It is not just AYOR. It is downright dangerous. Millions of guys from the countryside flood into China's main cities in the hope of finding work. Many end up with casual day jobs. Others are less lucky. Scamming tourists has become one way to make a living, and scamming gay tourists to make a better living! That cute guy who offers a massage in your hotel room or a couple of hours of sexual delight will almost certainly be rent of some description, and dangerous rent at that. Once at the so-called massage parlous or even your hotel room, you are at great risk of some of the guy's friends turning up and threatening you in all manner of ways. I made my mistake and was lucky I was in a 5-star hotel with very good security and got away very lightly. I've been back in China dozens of times since then, love my trips and I've enjoyed some fantastic times with quite a few great guys. But no-one should ever - EVER - trust anyone they happen to bump into on the street in China. Why the person mentioned in the OP did not do just a little more research re a country he had not visited before totally beats me!
    Last edited by fountainhall; September 12th, 2016 at 14:35.

Liked

The Chinese boys I have met on blued.com have all been lovely.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And those I have met - mostly on gay romeo - have all been great, with just one exception. He turned out to be a visiting Chinese from LAX just hooking up his family! Why he was a dud I still haven't worked out!

Liked

My experience of Chinese money boys has overall been very disappointing.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    My experience of Chinese money boys has overall been very disappointing.
    Reading post #22, presumably none of them were via Blued.com ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

..another con is where a nice looking Chinese couple will approach a loan tourist (male/female) and invite then to join for a cup of traditional chinese tea so they can converse and practice their English. All very nice and innocent sounding...after all its a cup of tea in a tea shop on a busy street...all looking very legit. Only after the 45 min tea ceremony and chat about everything and nothing ...then a whopping bill appears...the friendly chinese couple smile and instantly pay their half...and leave...and u the dumb tourist are faced with paying their portion the equivalent of anything up to USD 200 ....great!!
    see a447/arsenal/scotty....no mention of riding em like a pony while smacking their tight as a drum butts...

Liked

Golly gosh, Latin, I've never heard that one before. Gee, thanks. I'm sure the membership here will be most grateful to you for ferreting out that one.

Any other unusual scams you can tell us about?

And how about wandering around alone at night in dangerous areas of the city?

Lol

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I never felt in danger wandering around in Shanghai...but then I did stick to the former french concession and the bund area. Most of the chinese in shanghai are actually real nice and polite to westerners.

Liked

Goji: No I met them all on blued.com. The non mbs have been pleasant although some of them are rather shy. The mbs only number 4 and 1 was ok but the other 3 were on the fat side.

Liked

Since money for sex is illegal and police raids are common in China, extra caution should be exercised when hunting for paid sex. Getting offers from strangers in the streets is probably a no-no in most places. Other than that, the whole East Asia area is the safest place for travelers.