Thread: Phnom Penh report - June

Liked

Re: Phnom Penh report - June

Thanks frequent

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    a447...now be a good little boy and apologise...
    Surely a447 hasn't just left again when his apology is due?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

a447 and apology is not something that comes easy...false pride gets in the way

Liked

Mmm.... so now we have the "gang of four" - Rexton, frequent, Surfcrest and Brad all suddenly taking an interest in this thread. Former bitter enemies on the board suddenly giving each other's posts "likes," not only here but on other threads, too. And supporting each other. And trying to cover up for each other.

Seems more like the " gang of two".

Has Surfcrest quietly sold the board to the other gang member? Lol

I made that accusation regarding Rexton based on the fact that by sheer coincidence, he perfectly fits the type of poster frequent regularly uses to further his own ends -

A) someone who joined some years ago,

B) has made very few posts over those years

C) who asks questions which allow frequent to post what he wants to, or supports him when he is criticised.

He's dragged them out on numerous occasions over the years - it's just his modus operandi. Brisbaneguy was his most infamous. Lurker was his most hilarious.

One final point.

Rexton posted on May 8 at 17:06. Frequent posted straight after him at 17:13. A mere 7 minutes between the two posts. Are we to believe, therefore, that frequent - just by coincidence (there's that word again) - happened to be not only on the board at the same time as someone who has only made one other post since January, 2016, but was also reading the same thread? Of all the threads he could have been reading, he just so happened to choose this one.

Yeah, right!

Oh, and speaking of apologies....

Latin, you've never apologised for all the lies (and contradictory posts which prove they were lies) you've made over the years.

And Brad, you never apologised when you made all those accusations against me in the "where is everyone" thread; accusations which, after my PM was released, turned out to be false. When I asked you to point to the words in my PM which proved your accusations, you couldn't. Not even once. You lied. But you never apologised.

So guys, rather than playing silly games here amongst yourselves, why don't you make an attempt to post something that will attract more interest amongst the members and add more life to the board? You are just relying on an ever-decreasing number of regular posters to keep the board afloat.

5. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (May 13th, 2017)

Liked

I honestly couldn't give a crap, I was stating a fact. I get quite bored with all these conspiracy theories. These are which, to a large part what scares new members from posting or even old members from starting to post. Please leave the detective work, when and if required, to me.

Surfcrest

Liked

a447, could you please stay out of hydra/clone themes? This forum after renovation is patrolled by very sophisticated robots what check every post and every new registration. Me and Surfcrest for sure know "who is who".

We know when user makes hydra (clone), when somebody posts to very old thread (usually it is typical spam strategy), when somebody changing his email (usually it happened when account is hacked), when flagged words been used (in case of spam). Robots watching forum 24/7/365 and reporting each and every case to hidden subforum what is visible only to me and Surfcrest.

Please: don't worry.

clone1.jpg

clone2.jpg
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 13th, 2017), rexton (May 16th, 2017)

Liked

Surfcrest wrote:

"These are which, to a large part what scares new members from posting or even old members from starting to post."

It's no good trying to blame me for that.

There were two threads this year - "Where is everyone" and "KOMMENTARIAT..." (and at least one last year), in which members told you in no uncertain terms who was to blame. And for your information, not one poster in any of those threads pointed the finger at me. Nor was the finger ever pointed at members who have outed those "newbies" who suddenly appeared, one after the other.

You, and only you, have (had?) the power to do something about it. But no, you decided to cut loose a quality poster and perennial member of the year who started more topics than just about any other member, who could post intelligently on numerous topics and is an expert on China and Asian culture - in favour of keeping the perennial "member" of the year who, in his own words, described the board thus :

"The only value of this board in my opinion is its entertainment value - what you call the personal squabbles."

http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showth...Resort-and-Spa

For whatever reason, you made the wrong call.

You only have yourself to blame.

"As you sow, so shall you reap."

Moses wrote :

Me and Surfcrest for sure know "who is who"
    I know.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    There is a fixed fare for all Taxis from PNH to city centre hotels
    From memory it's $14. You go to the booth across from Burger King and take the next available car... all very organized compared to a lot of Asian cities
    That's expensive!

There is a public bus, and I saw that bus, but when I was last in Cambodia, I was pressed for time going from PP airport to town, so I took a mocy (as the every time before). Of course not those who approach you in the airport, but on the main road (internet says price drops to half in the course of 100 m). I vaguely remember, I paid 2 or 3 USD. But the ride took half an hour, so if you value comfort more than money, get a taxi.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

In relation to a447's post #57 above, after I bid goodbye to SGT, I stopped logging in or posting, but I do visit. What I have seen, to no one’s surprise, is that the two (or three) board members who everyone loves to hate, after having been assured that they would not be banned, have now effectively taken over the tone and direction of the forum for their own amusement. I fail to see how that's an improvement.

12. User who gave Like to post:

lego (May 14th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
    I fail to see how that's an improvement.
    It's nice to see other members starting posts, to see the one member that you'd liked to have seen "burned at the stake" staring topics. We almost had a new member ask about massage places and a longer term member start posting...it's an evolution, after all it's only been days since you three left. (Welcome Back btw).

The hope is that all the new eyes we see looking at the forum, from their searches on the internet for topics about Thailand for the Gay Male traveler and expat...see a topic and chirp in (hopefully without being eaten alive, but we'll see).

Just as many other great members have left. moved on, died or whatever...even though the overall population of the world is on the decline, we still hope we'll find Gay Men looking for hot boys, hot sand beaches, spicy hot food and the kind of loving that may not come as easy, back home.

Surfcrest

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (May 14th, 2017), TaoR (May 14th, 2017)