Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wish I could read Thai

Forum's veteran
    Liked

wish I could read Thai

http://www.gboysiam.in/picpost/

Ran across this site....wow????? What a meat market....love it. Some real stunners. Tried google translate...not always the best result.

Liked

Re: wish I could read Thai

I wonder if the Junta knows about this?
    Nothing like a nice lurid photo - closeup and hi def - of an engorged leaking cock to awaken the colonels.
    All military and proletariat revolutionaries - the fun-hating bastards - are secretly hard-wired to be generally puritanical at the end of the day, given the opportunity.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I like this:

SEXUALITY: р╣Ар╕Ыр╣Зр╕Щр╣Др╕Фр╣Й ╕Чр╕▒р╣Йр╕Зр╕гр╕╕р╕Б р╣Бр╕ер╕░р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ
    (Be both offensive and defensive )

Liked

The page you link to is dynamic, there is new advertising and new profiles every time you (or another reader) open it. I got a quite nice selection just now, but often there is nothing that interests me. Profiles get deleted after some days, if you have a link to that profile it doesn't work any more, I save everything I like immediately to my harddrive.

I spent some time looking and reading these profiles and adverts and announcements, I understand about 90% of it. There is some non-standards language, where an online dictionary doesn't help. The vast majority is looking for work, often offer massage service, or look for help (financial) and give approximate location and contact information (phone number, Line)

р╣Ар╕Ыр╣Зр╕Щр╣Др╕Фр╣Й ╕Чр╕▒р╣Йр╕Зр╕гр╕╕р╕Б р╣Бр╕ер╕░р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ top and bottom (literally: can do both penetrative and receptive)

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    I wonder if the Junta knows about this?
    I think they do, weeks ago the site moved from .th to .in

Forum's veteran
    Liked

christian, this is where u have a definitive advantage. Google translate is useless especially if Thai slang is being used. But wow...what a meat market and all catering to the local Thai market.

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx
    christian, this is where u have a definitive advantage. Google translate is useless especially if Thai slang is being used. But wow...what a meat market and all catering to the local Thai market.
    Well, yes ... but using Chrome as my browser then Google offers to translate for me automatically, and frankly the English is as good as you'd get from a Thai anyway.

Liked

Edit: the original site was www.gboysiam.com (now blocked by Thai police).

In Dec 2012, I called one of the numbers and reported here: Dabble with gboysiam

viewtopic.php?t=27769&p=265942
    http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic. ... 05&start=0

Apart from that, no experience. Some of the pictures look promising, but my experiences with online dating are rather poor, I go to Saranrom or massage place instead of making multiple phone calls, the boy being late and might not look like the picture.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc

р╣Ар╕Ыр╣Зр╕Щр╣Др╕Фр╣Й ╕Чр╕▒р╣Йр╕Зр╕гр╕╕р╕Б р╣Бр╕ер╕░р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ top and bottom (literally: can do both penetrative and receptive)

Christian- how does GoogleTranslate go so wrong?
    Interpretation based on context?

Liked

Try http://www.thai2english.com/

Show translation р╣Ар╕Ыр╣Зр╕Щр╣Др╕Фр╣Й р╕Чр╕▒р╣Йр╕З р╕гр╕╕р╕Б р╣Бр╕ер╕░ р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ bpen d├вai t├бng r├║k l├бe r├бp

р╣Ар╕Ыр╣Зр╕Щр╣Др╕Фр╣Й bpen d├вai
    р╕Чр╕▒р╣Йр╕З t├бng all ; entire ; whole
    р╕гр╕╕р╕Б r├║k attack ; invade ; advance into
    р╣Бр╕ер╕░ l├бe and
    р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ r├бp receive ; get ; accept
    Makes a bit more sense than googletranslate. But you need context, р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ can mean "to receive a letter/message" or to "to bottom" (far fetched: to receive a dick into your ass).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dab69
    how does GoogleTranslate go so wrong?
    Interpretation based on context?
    the classic (though probably apocryphal) example of the problem with machine translation used to be the English phrase "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" when auto-translated into another language then back into English was rendered as "The wine is strong but the meat is rotten"

machine translation systems rely not only on dictionaries and programmed grammar and structure rules but also "learning" and "fine turning" using a large collection of documents available in both the source and destination language, the better the programming and more importantly the larger and the broader the document collection the better the resulting translation will be - pick some common European language pairs like Spanish/French or English/German and machine translation can do a reasonable job on news or general conversation but the source material available for English/Thai is minimal by comparison and the quality of the translation reflects this.

But even with European language pairs when you get into texts using slang and colloquial terms the translation quality suffers - I am sure Christian can give some equally incomprehensible translations from say German to English using text from GayRomeo profiles etc

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc
    р╕гр╕▒р╕Ъ can mean "to receive a letter/message" or to "to bottom" (far fetched: to receive a dick into your ass).
    not so far fetched - in English texts the passive/bottom sex role is often referred to as "receptive"

bkkguy
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!