Good information so far. I too miss Howards guesthouse. Was a perfect location with a perfect setup.

For Mosaic, if you are visiting in low season, check agoda website. Sometimes Mosaic lists rooms there and it may be more like a hotel setup with daily cleaning, if booked that way...check the rate rules and such to be sure.

I found the mosaic beds to be way too hard...like sleeping on cement. I have heard others make this comment as well. Just FYI in case this will be an issue for you. Toward the end of my 1 week stay there, I was sleeping on the sofa...and not because of fights with BF. LOL Mosaic is in a great location and very well run with great staff and such.

Baan Dak Mai is a good alternative. Small guesthouse in the same area near tukcom. http://www.baandm.com/
Warrick is the owner and is a good host. I stayed there during my last visit and it was very nice. Beds much more comfortable. It is a small place, so no 24 hour reception, etc. if that is important to you.

There are several options in Sunee as well, but the only one I have experience with is the former Don Plaza, now called Elephant. More of a full service hotel setup instead of guesthouse.