Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Drummond's anti-gay slur

Liked

Re: Drummond's anti-gay slur

What is it about Drummond that he potters about the garden in shorts that seem attractive on female flight attendants?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

[quote=Brad the Impala]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Lunchtime O'Booze":1da1l4lz
    If Andrew Drummond was only interested in women he would have said "not a male flight attendant in sight"..he said gay flight attendant. Quite apart from the sweeping statement that all male flight attendants must be gay...he re-inforces every hackeyned old stereotype about gay people.
    What hackneyed stereotype is Drummond reinforcing?

It would also be my perception that a much higher percentage of male stewards are clearly gay than is the case in the general population. Is that not your experience? Does that mean that I am reinforcing gay stereotype, or actually just stating the obvious. Drummond may be homophobic, I don't know and don't much care. However distorting his comments, as you have on this thread, to make some preconceived point is not proving any point, except that you don't like the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    My last word..a quote from London's Lord Mayor Boris Johnson which sums up my thoughts on those who work on tabloids:
    Interesting that you choose to quote from the man who invited Rupert Murdoch as his personal guest to accompany him to the Olympics! The man who also said of the tabloid phone hacking scandal that is was just "codswallop initiated by the Labour Party"![/quote:1da1l4lz]

Yes I quoted Boris and he isn't always wrong or right, but he was on this.
    Neither is Andrew Drummond who has written some good stuff but I believe journalists must be like Caesar's wife and above suspicion of bias.

Mr Drummond has the ability to answer back and has taken me to task in the past on his blog. My view is that he is part of the totally corrupted process that the British tabloids have become and he imports it to Thailand. And as he dishes it out, he must take it as well.

I'll leave it your imagination as to what stereotype gays there are but surely you haven't lived such a sheltered life..or perhaps you are very young and do not know how us old queens paved the way for today's freedom ! arty
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    ... [Brad the Impala]....perhaps you are very young ...
    You can dismiss that idea from your mind immediately.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    What is it about Drummond that he potters about the garden in shorts that seem attractive on female flight attendants?
    perhaps the poor thing was so consumed with the thought of nubile young Asian girls in khaki shorts along with 1000s of his Fleet Street colleagues that he and they failed to notice that the late Jimmy Savile was allegedly raping approximately one girl a month for the last 40 years, even whilst they simultaneously promoted Mr Savile on a weekly basis.. :dontknow:
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.