List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality in Pattayaland hits new low......

Liked

Quality in Pattayaland hits new low......

Recently did a tour of the Pattayaland bars from Dream Boy/Star Boy Boy all along to Sawatdee.
    Without wishing to cause offence- and with a very few exceptions- what is on the stage is possibly the lowest quality on offer in living memory. Even the staff in these bars are agreeing and laughing about it.
    Can anyone tell me is it the same in other areas?
    Maybe this lack of quality is to do with army recruitment/ the forthcoming Songkran etc.
    To take one example: in Lucky 7 currently under new ownership those on the stage looked like the employer had gone around this countries' monkey houses, pig farms and rural areas to find the nations' most unattractive males and plonked them up on the stage. No wonder I was , albeit briefly, the only customer in that bar!

Liked

Re: Quality in Pattayaland hits new low......

Quote Originally Posted by zinzone
    To take one example: in Lucky 7 currently under new ownership those on the stage looked like the employer had gone around this countries' monkey houses, pig farms and rural areas to find the nations' most unattractive males and plonked them up on the stage. No wonder I was , albeit briefly, the only customer in that bar!
    Sounds to me, zinzone, as if you are the living proof of your own argument.
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

You are talking about the bars of Pattayaland Soi 1. Please don't tar the whole Pattayaland area with the same brush.
    Just a short walk away in Pattayaland Soi 2 are some very attractive lads in Wild West Boys and a little further are the Pattayaland Soi 3 (Boyztown) bars which again have a very good selection and enough different 'types' to suit the majority of tastes.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by padlom
    You are talking about the bars of Pattayaland Soi 1. Please don't tar the whole Pattayaland area with the same brush.
    Just a short walk away in Pattayaland Soi 2 are some very attractive lads in Wild West Boys and a little further are the Pattayaland Soi 3 (Boyztown) bars which again have a very good selection and enough different 'types' to suit the majority of tastes.
    I thought I made it obvious I am referring to the bars in the stretch of Pattayaland from Dream Boy too Sawatdee; but anyway, yes, only Pattayaland Soi 1.

Some posters here would attack you for being close-minded and superficial. Can't you find a personality sexy? That's their moan when 20 year-old guys have no sexual interest whatsoever in 65 year-old ones...at least not without being paid, that is.

id like agree, ive been to pattaya 7 years in a row, and this year the standard was poor.

i orginally thought it was the bar i went into, but soon realised that most were the same.

Went into Copa (they had 7 boys on), Abomb (they had about 12 and all looked slightly rough), Sawadee (they alot more but again where are the stunners?), Wild West was about the best, but again not as good as previous years.

So all the handsome guys went to the army or home to be farmers.

Wonder why the ugly boys stayed?

I think you have "upgrade syndrome" - when you buy a new house or car you already have your next " better" one in your minds eye.

i agree. i think the bars in that street are far less atractive than in boyztown or sunee. go try funny boys in boyztown theres always alot to choose from there.

The bars on Pattayaland Soi 1 have always had a different kind of boys from Soi 3. They've always had smaller, skinnier boys. It was just a matter of degree - some bars skinnier than others.

Soi 3 used to have a number of bars with bigger boys, or at least a large number/range of boys such that you could find someone you fancied: BoyzBoyzBoyz, Cockpit (later Throb), Toy Boys. More recently Funny Boys have powered to be the leading bar of this soi, as Toy Boys faded. Copa is also a disappointment, never quite recapturing the appeal of Throb. I have yet to see Copa with more than 13 boys on offer on any of my visits, even as early as 9:30.

On Soi 2, A-bomb continues as the bar for the biggest boys in Pattaya, and I like A-bomb for that. The papasan there is also very friendly and helpful, nearly as good as Rose of Funny Boys. Wild West has quantity, but of course, any bar that aims for quantity also gets some boys that don't look so great.

Oogleman has a point, our expectations may be changing as much as the boys or bars are.

Liked

I mostly agree on Soi 1 but did find some very cute boys at Star Boys on Tuesday night last.

Also in Boystown, Funny Boys was great one night but average the next,

Cupidol had a few very cute boys but you have to get there early.