How to prevent pubic lice?

Any and all subjects about Gay Thailand and all the stuff that happens in Gay Thailand.

This is a public health issue.

If what follows is already mentioned by a poster then so be it as I have not trawled through all the replies.

However I was recently asked by an acquaintance here in Thailand as to what remedy to use for body lice and I made some enquiries and did some research.
Also with the lifestyle of many and the ignorance of others plus the fact that massage establishments etc are potential if not actual breeding grounds for the lice there is always the risk of widespread infection.

An early poster suggested using "Jacutin" Gel.
That is now banned in Thailand and the reasons for that can be found from a google search.

The lotion now available in many Pharmacies is called:

"Hexin Lice Killer Cream".

It is available in most pharmacies and retails for 20-30 baht.
One application overnight for 12 hours is said to be sufficient.

September 2008

Zinzone.
zinzone

Advertisement

Tue 16 Sep, 2008 8:17 am

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindane

Great active ingredient, not to be used lightly.
Random avatar
Joe M

Quinoderm
Tue 16 Sep, 2008 5:05 pm

I'm surprised that Quinoderm has not been mentioned, a very effective easy way of treating pubic lice and is easily applied - correct me if I'm wrong.

It is also used for acne but primarily crabs and pubic lice.
Random avatar
WhiteDesire

Re: Quinoderm
Tue 16 Sep, 2008 5:09 pm

WhiteDesire wrote:I'm surprised that Quinoderm has not been mentioned, a very effective easy way of treating pubic lice and is easily applied - correct me if I'm wrong. It is also used for acne but primarily crabs and pubic lice.
The manufacturers however do not make such a claim (pubic lice, which I thought were the same as crabs but with WhiteDesire I learn something new every day, are nowhere mentioned). And one wonders why a skin treatment would include an insecticide - http://www.quinoderm.co.uk/splash_treatment.htm
Random avatar
homintern

Wed 17 Sep, 2008 3:06 am

If only pubic lice were much much much bigger then the problem would be eradicated overnight - as the Thais would surely be deep frying them and selling them in the street at 20baht a bag!

:cheers:
Random avatar
scottish-guy

Thu 18 Sep, 2008 8:07 am

homintern wrote:
WhiteDesire wrote:I'm surprised that Quinoderm has not been mentioned, a very effective easy way of treating pubic lice and is easily applied - correct me if I'm wrong. It is also used for acne but primarily crabs and pubic lice.
The manufacturers however do not make such a claim (pubic lice, which I thought were the same as crabs but with WhiteDesire I learn something new every day, are nowhere mentioned). And one wonders why a skin treatment would include an insecticide - http://www.quinoderm.co.uk/splash_treatment.htm

I got this wrong, it was something similar to that name, I need to research

However, I'm glad you learn something new every day from me Hom, and here's me thinking you "knew it all"!
Random avatar
WhiteDesire

How to prevent public lies!
Thu 18 Sep, 2008 9:35 am

I think you misspelled your question!
Random avatar
Uranus

Thu 18 Sep, 2008 10:16 am

WhiteDesire wrote:However, I'm glad you learn something new every day from me Hom, and here's me thinking you "knew it all"!
He probably knows that crabs are pubic lice.
Random avatar
Curious

zinzone wrote:This is a public health issue.

If what follows is already mentioned by a poster then so be it as I have not trawled through all the replies.

However I was recently asked by an acquaintance here in Thailand as to what remedy to use for body lice and I made some enquiries and did some research.
Also with the lifestyle of many and the ignorance of others plus the fact that massage establishments etc are potential if not actual breeding grounds for the lice there is always the risk of widespread infection.

An early poster suggested using "Jacutin" Gel.
That is now banned in Thailand and the reasons for that can be found from a google search.

The lotion now available in many Pharmacies is called:

"Hexin Lice Killer Cream".

It is available in most pharmacies and retails for 20-30 baht.
One application overnight for 12 hours is said to be sufficient.

September 2008

Zinzone.

A post on the thaivisa thread suggests that Hexin - contains Lindane which is according to Jingthing same thread claims is Jacutin

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Treatment ... 94137.html
Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves
lonelywombat
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Previous

Return to Sawatdee Gay Thailand